GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

This is not a Intro post but a Missing members post..

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Enkeiavalanche, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

I want to make a post to ask members if they have heard from members that have a lot of Posts then have not been on in a while.. It's good to make sure
    members are OK?

Like [h=1]GMCErica [​IMG][/h]And Telorvche

Have not seen them in a while...

- - - Updated - - -

So??? No one hear from them?
  2. donyms

donyms New Member

I would like to add Lovinthestorm to the missing list.......
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

It's the nature of a forum, some stay around a long time and others stop by to visit everyonce in a while or spend a short time around then disappear.
    The reasons vary from busy with family, new interests, financial issues, internet availability, or sometimes even change in jobs.
    Forums are a very loose association of members with the same interest.

I only stuck around this long just to see how many people I can bore the crap out of and to live vicariously through other GM truck owners.
  4. bby366

bby366 New Member

I always wonder where MURDOG went?
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Well then I guess Maybe a Email to them just asking if everything is OK? Or if they need a hand with something? Or If someone on the site made them so mad that they don't want to come back? (And why?)

I'm the type of guy that does not like to see people or friends hurt.. and if something is wrong at home I am always there to lend a hand if needed.. If I can....
  6. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member

Yeah I hope they are all good.

But others that are missing, Red Z71 Max, Silveradotrailblazer, and Cadillac to name a few more. Hopefully we didnt piss them all off lol
  7. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member

I know Erica was a little mad at something. But for me the only reason I'm not around much anymore is simply work. That and I'm working off of a iPhone and crappy Internet. Got my computer today and my running shoes from home so hopefully by tomorrow or Wednesday ill be at full speed and logging on more regularly now.
  8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

I send PMs to medium to high activity members that disappear and check on them. I've been in contact or heard back from most that have been mentioned above and only one that I know of was frustrated. The rest, fall into the categories that Tim mentions above. They are appreciative that the members here notice their absence.
  9. seffieldvillage@aol.com

seffieldvillage@aol.com New Member

Amy (trplxl2) is doing okay, we are actually working on an ls swap in my Colorado currently, she is currently banned but will be back as of the first of the year. I am sure she will be happy to be back on the club, what ever happened to Doberman (Pete)?? We saw his company on the speed channel yesterday, he has iPad and iPhone covers now!!!
  10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Well lets see what can be done about KEEPING members Here.. Maybe a MOD that does only member relations..or something like that..

What do you think?
  11. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member

Idk if that would help, but i guess before i got on here we had chat on GMTC. If we got that back that would probably bring back some old faces.?
  12. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Erica is doing fine and probably will not be back due to strong differences of opinion with the management of this forum. Same for 4x4 Squared. Coach lost his job after the Ford they put him in died -- they elected not to replace it or the person who drove it.
  13. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

14. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member

yeah I know things can get real busy. there are always a few people I wonder where they went. Stephan, Amy (answered above), Jimmie etc.
  15. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

It i sad to lose the old members. Guys like STB had a wealth of knowledge. Stephan was usually good for some entertainment. It sux that members like those as well as Erica didn't stick around.
  16. silverhobey

silverhobey New Member

you never know, maybe some boring, long, cold winters' nights will bring them back.

Brian from Canada.

I miss Coaches posts/addendums/comments !!!!!!!!!!!:sign0020:
  17. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Well since I put this post up a few days ago I have read all the posts here and gotten a FEW PM's about the missing members.. :neutral: It is Sad :frown: that we have lost some good people, Members that have gone out of their way to help others and some that Just put in their 2 cents... True everyone has their own opinons and we don't all agree with what some people say But when it comes down to it we are all Part of a family.. Not all familys get along. BUT we still stay together. We still have 1 thing in Common.. The GM Truck!!! :great:thats what bought us here.

As this Holiday Season comes maybe we can send some emails to these members and ask them to come back.. If they were banned also a letter asking them to just watch what they say and think Before they say it..If a fight comes into a post then do it in PM's only!! We all don't need to see it..

Anyway I'm going away soon for 10 days and won't be on.. So lets see what can happen..

Happy Holidays to all.....:party:
  18. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

It is sad to see that people come and go, especially people like Erica who put a lot of work into planning all of the get togethers over the summer. I've been on here since 2008 and have seen quite a few people come and go over that whole time. It will be nice to have Amy (TRPLXL2) back once she's off ban though. She always had some good projects and such.
  19. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

I think that's a good idea in principle but I don't think it'll address the types of things that keep Erica, Coach, and others away. That problem is a top-down issue and since such a mod would not be at the top of the chain those sorts of issues would not be addressed.

That's sad, really, because end-users drive the content here ... and content drives the all-important (to some certain people) Google rankings, which in turn drives the vendor and ad revenue, here. Since the end-users are at the base of that money-making pyramid yet receive none of the associated revenue ... one would expect them to be treated by the revenue recipients far better than some have been.

Speaking of revenue, since the mods do 'work' to keep this place running smoothly, I'm surprised there's no profit-sharing with them for their efforts. Many warrant it. I say many because watching others drive end-users away makes me also feel that some shouldn't be mods.

I don't know details beyond what I shared, as I only had a brief PM exchange when I last spotted Coach on. He stays away for reasons I am sure are shared/discussed/known among the mods.

Banned where? Here? Why?

Red Z71 Max stepped back from these forums last year after some management-induced drama. As he lives in the Carolinas and is only 4ish hours from me I still PM him from time to time. Last was back in October and he's doing well. I know he's on other forums, now, but am unaware of the frequency.