This is not a Intro post but a Missing members post..

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Enkeiavalanche, Nov 26, 2012.

1. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Idk if that would help, but i guess before i got on here we had chat on GMTC. If we got that back that would probably bring back some old faces.?

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Erica is doing fine and probably will not be back due to strong differences of opinion with the management of this forum. Same for 4x4 Squared. Coach lost his job after the Ford they put him in died -- they elected not to replace it or the person who drove it.

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

yeah I know things can get real busy. there are always a few people I wonder where they went. Stephan, Amy (answered above), Jimmie etc.

5. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

It i sad to lose the old members. Guys like STB had a wealth of knowledge. Stephan was usually good for some entertainment. It sux that members like those as well as Erica didn't stick around.

6. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

you never know, maybe some boring, long, cold winters' nights will bring them back.

Brian from Canada.

I miss Coaches posts/addendums/comments !!!!!!!!!!!:sign0020:

7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Well since I put this post up a few days ago I have read all the posts here and gotten a FEW PM's about the missing members.. :neutral: It is Sad :frown: that we have lost some good people, Members that have gone out of their way to help others and some that Just put in their 2 cents... True everyone has their own opinons and we don't all agree with what some people say But when it comes down to it we are all Part of a family.. Not all familys get along. BUT we still stay together. We still have 1 thing in Common.. The GM Truck!!! :great:thats what bought us here.

As this Holiday Season comes maybe we can send some emails to these members and ask them to come back.. If they were banned also a letter asking them to just watch what they say and think Before they say it..If a fight comes into a post then do it in PM's only!! We all don't need to see it..

Anyway I'm going away soon for 10 days and won't be on.. So lets see what can happen..

Happy Holidays to all.....:party:

8. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It is sad to see that people come and go, especially people like Erica who put a lot of work into planning all of the get togethers over the summer. I've been on here since 2008 and have seen quite a few people come and go over that whole time. It will be nice to have Amy (TRPLXL2) back once she's off ban though. She always had some good projects and such.

9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think that's a good idea in principle but I don't think it'll address the types of things that keep Erica, Coach, and others away. That problem is a top-down issue and since such a mod would not be at the top of the chain those sorts of issues would not be addressed.

That's sad, really, because end-users drive the content here ... and content drives the all-important (to some certain people) Google rankings, which in turn drives the vendor and ad revenue, here. Since the end-users are at the base of that money-making pyramid yet receive none of the associated revenue ... one would expect them to be treated by the revenue recipients far better than some have been.

Speaking of revenue, since the mods do 'work' to keep this place running smoothly, I'm surprised there's no profit-sharing with them for their efforts. Many warrant it. I say many because watching others drive end-users away makes me also feel that some shouldn't be mods.

I don't know details beyond what I shared, as I only had a brief PM exchange when I last spotted Coach on. He stays away for reasons I am sure are shared/discussed/known among the mods.

Banned where? Here? Why?

Red Z71 Max stepped back from these forums last year after some management-induced drama. As he lives in the Carolinas and is only 4ish hours from me I still PM him from time to time. Last was back in October and he's doing well. I know he's on other forums, now, but am unaware of the frequency.