1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

This Texas girl needs some advice

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 2010TEEREX, Apr 17, 2012.

1. 2010TEEREX

2010TEEREX New Member

Does anybody know of businesses in Central Texas(Austin and surrounding areas) that install lift kits, tires, etc.... I have been looking online for awhile and only found 4wheelparts and Star Customs.

Also, do ya'll have any advice on what modifications I should make in regards to lift height and tire size. I know this question gets asked alot, but I know little about this and if I ask the guys at the store, they will try to sell the most expensive unneeded crap possible. I haul trailers on occasion and also go off road for hunting and fishing. Due to a back injury, I am not gonna be doing an extreme 4 wheeling so I don't need a Monster truck that can travel up Mt Everest.

I have looked at all the lifts online, ranging from 4-6" and even the leveling kits. I am just wanting to get a lift and tires that do not affect the factory smooth ride, can haul a trailer and boat on a regular basis, but also looks proportionate in height and tire size. I hope this makes sense, as I am totally pulling the girl card here. Any suggestions would help.
  2. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member

Welcome to the site! Post some pics when you get a chance. We'd love to see your truck (and you). I've always had RWD so I wouldn't know what to tell you as far as lift kits and everything. Depending on the size of the boat and trailer, you may want to beef up the suspension though, unless you're already running a 2500. It's always nice to see a woman in a truck, especially of the full size variety!
  3. 2010TEEREX

2010TEEREX New Member

Thank you. I will work on getting pics up soon. As for my truck, its a 2010 Silverado 1500 Xcab Z-71 5.3 V8.....and his name is Teerex(yes, he is armed and dangerous).
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

The company I work for owns AutoWorx in Mansfield, which is gearing up to be a major player for truck aftermarket installations. That's the far southern edge of the DFW area, but it's still probably a long haul for you. I'll ask around if they can recommend someone.
  5. AMac

AMac New Member ROTM Winner

Check out the GMTC girls group, you can start posting your pics in there!
    Good luck with the lift mod, this is something I hope to do in the future. I'm currently getting the little mods out of the way.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

hehe...any recommendations for the NH area?
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your truck and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club! :great:
  7. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! There are a couple of shops in the New Braunfels area, but I don't have any personal experiance with any odf them. If you read through some of the "posts" on here, you will at the vewry least be more informed on what others have done. Have fun!
  8. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. Browse through the threads in the Lifted and Offroad Suspension forum when you get a chance. At the very least it should help you narrow down exactly what you're looking for. If you're considering 4 or 6" of lift, either one would look good. I'm personally looking at the 6" just because I think it looks right on our trucks. You can also comfortably fit some 35" tires and you wouldn't want anything any bigger I don't think anyway. That being said, there are many people on these forums with leveled and 4" lifts that look darn good as well.

There are a couple threads in the lifted area specifically talking about different lifts, different methods, etc. You should have no issue maintaining the factory ride or better. Just keep in mind you'll likely have to buy better shocks than what comes with your lift kit. It all really just comes down to how much money you're willing to part with.

Again, welcome and good to have you.
  9. 2010TEEREX

2010TEEREX New Member

Thanks guys....planning to get this started soon. Probably gonna steal a pic of someones truck and take it in and say this is what I want it to look like. Will post pics soon. : )
  10. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member

Lookin forward to seein them!