1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Those who "praise the lowered" Chevy Trucks

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 08_rado_rocker, Jan 30, 2012.

1. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

lol.. the wing i'm looking for isn't anything ridiculous like a stadium bench seat or anything.. just a little bit more pronounced than that of the stock plastic tailgate cap and paint matched. with the hood and lowered ride height should look pretty awesome... (to me anyways haha)

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

http://www.carid.com/2008-chevy-silverado-spoiler/spoiler-70860.html

something like this
  2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Lowered is fine with me. I had my '05 Z71 lifted, but now it is lowered. Nothing crazy, it's about 2/4, just a little lower than a 2 wheel drive. Handles and rides much better and is much more practical as a daily driver.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

that freakin thing is ffiinnee!!
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

As far as lowered Trucks, IMO as long as the person who has lowered their Truck is Pleased with it (The Stance) that's all that really count's.......My Silverado being a 2WD is lowered, but its just a 2in" Rear Shackle Drop,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Looking at those pictures of your truck with the 2" shackle make me wish I would have been able to get the shackle bolts off of my Silverado so that I could have seen it with the rear lowered to level.
  6. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Beautiful truck Mike.
  7. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Adam......Your Truck Look just Beautiful!!!........One Sharp Looking Silverado......:great:.......I item I noticed, and that is you don't have the front License Plate on.........no hassles from your local law enforcement regarding that??.......I wish I didn't have to run with a front Plate!!

[​IMG]

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Ya Peter, I know what you mean, about getting the Bolts off.......What I ended up Doing was, Cutting the Bolts Off, and then bought and installed new ones.

Thank you Charles......:glasses:
  8. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I thought about doing that, but it would have been a lot more work than it was worth for that truck. There was nothing that could get those bolts to spin in the holes, so I don't know how well cutting them would have worked. I probably would have had to pull the bed off to be able to pound them out. A Snap-On impact gun on an industrial air system (the gun was rated at 900 lb-ft of torque) wasn't even able to get those things to break free.
  9. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If its done right, a lowered truck looks like its going fast when it's sitting still.... I like em'!!,
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  10. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

I'm loving all the activity on the thread! Mike, I noticed your truck when i was first creeping around the site and if I may say so, FREAKING GORGEOUS! And Adam, your truck looks amazing as well. It does look good without the plate on the front.. Texas laws require the plate be visible, but I think I can get away with it just mounted in the windshield.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

on a little side note... anybody got input on the tailgate spoiler situation? also, Adam i was wondering how you chose to lower your truck? there are several different kits from what I've researched.