Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Those who "praise the lowered" Chevy Trucks

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 08_rado_rocker, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

well send a car hauler and get it there

2. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

All I gots a car port, once it's all finished ima bring it up here n leave it at my girlfriends house sheath has a garage. But they wouldn't be happy with me doing all the work in there. I begg them a few times a week tho

3. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

lowered trucks to a level stance do look good, with that i mean a very small drop in the rear. anything to where the front and rear get dropped to me IMO is just too much. of course ive always been a lifted truck man. 2wd trucks lowered with a ton of power is good tho too. as far as the wing if its not obnoxiously big i see no problem with that.

4. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

So, I went ahead and put a drop on my truck... but I'm skeptical as to the workmanship and parts that were used vs. the parts that I was told were going to be used. I asked for a 3/5 and they told me that it would be a McGaughy's kit (2"drop spindle and 1"spring in the front, flip kit and 2" hanger in the back)... but I went to pick up Truck and the front doesn't look as low as it should, and the spring is definitely still stock. Anybody heard of a 3" drop spindle from McGaughy's? Other than that, I LOVE THE NEW RIDE.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG](Before)

RST Spoiler is in, will be ordering the roll pan and hood end of the month :)

5. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 100 Posts

I would give it a couple of weeks to settle down before you start questioning it. I put a 2" drop on my 07 Eclipse. It took it a couple of days to settle down to the manufacturer promised height.

On another note, that look FREAKING SWEET!

6. 08_rado_rocker

Thanks Bro! the only reason I'm questioning the drop in the front is because he TOLD me that there would be a 2" spindle and a 1" drop spring.. and i didn't get a new spring.

7. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 100 Posts

Ahh, in that case I might be a tad bit worried.

8. 08_rado_rocker

Yeah, Fernando has some questions to answer face to face when i get back from the field!

9. 08_rado_rocker

I ordered, received and installed my new DIC panel for Truck Norris last month and never posted on it. Works like a charm, took all of 3 mins to install!
    2012-03-16_21-21-20_440.jpg 2012-03-19_13-59-38_568.jpg 2012-03-18_15-27-31_910.jpg
    Installed it right before i made the trip to Waco to pick up the two blocks for modding! I'm altogether please with it!

Also ordered my roll pan yesterday, it's already on its way to my house and should be there when I get home!
    roll pan.jpg
    Found the hood I think I'm going to get, but curious to know if anyone else has heard of the company that makes it?
    http://suncoastcreations.com/b-h-1-chevrolet/chevrolet-silverado-hd-ramair-hood-21017.html
    That's a link to it, it looks pretty legit to me. Just looking for others' input.

LOL.. I suppose this is going to turn into my build thread. Anybody got a problem with this?

:sign0011:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  10. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

:glasses:I have lowered and lifted quite a few trucks in my days, i have never owned a lowered truck, they are cool just not for me, I will say i find it harder and more costly to lower them properly, then it is too lift them, and now a days I would think the costs are relatively close lift or lower the 3 or 4 inches.....
    all the lowered trucks i have done have left my shop ... to go to a body shop and get some ground effects on them to finnish and thats what i like the best about them. the sleek looks when they are finished....