1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Thoughts and Prayers

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by JnBama, Aug 20, 2014.

1. JnBama

JnBama Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Two weeks ago my uncle Jim in Arkansas was found with a gash on his head(fell somewhere) when they brought my aunt home from the hospital, she had stint put in because of blood clot. She is recovering at home but Jim had severe head trauma and is healing slowly . He is very friendly quiet man WW2 vet, big college football ,basketball fan. He retired from GE several years ago but still up 02:00 cooking himself breakfast because of working night shift. They are the parents of my cousin Tommy a tall handsome guy who passed away few years ago. Back in the 70's he built a big block 67 Chevelle set up for drag racing , man he took me for a ride I'll never forget!
    BurbanMan and ChevyFan like this.
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'm not a real religeous person but my thoughts are with them.
    Sounds like they've already seen enough hard knocks and deserve an easy road for a while.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

If he was a wwii vet then they're of advanced age for sure, love taking with people of that generation and the strong work ethic they learned from the great depression onward. Hope for the best for them.
  4. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Prayers on their way friend.
    ChevyFan likes this.
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Thoughts & Prayers to You, and to Your Aunt.
    Goldie and ChevyFan like this.
  6. JnBama

Thanks everyone , my cousin is keeping me updated and plan on visiting next month, Chevy Fan I consider myself blessed to have elders that where WW2 Vets , Farmers and Detroit factory workers most are gone now. They had courage, morals, never ending stories and accomplished so much , I could never fill their shoes
    Goldie and ChevyFan like this.
  7. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Mike said it best!
    Thoughts & Prayers to You, and to Your Aunt.
  8. JnBama

My cousin called and said Jim will never fully recover, he is in rehab now and will move to assisted living along with my aunt. It is a good place operated by their daughter in laws father, sad that they can only have clothes and pictures but for the best to keep them safe. They have plenty of grandkids and friends to visit