1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

thoughts for a better ride.

Discussion in 'Lowered & Urban Suspension' started by metalsystem761, May 30, 2012.

1. metalsystem761

metalsystem761 New Member

I have an 07 silverado with a 2/4 in drop shocks in the back have been replaced but the ride it self isn't too good I hit a bump or hole ad it goes nuts.

I hear replacing the springs and struts in the front would help. any ideas?

2. dogred

dogred Member

Sorry to refer you to another forum but there is a butt ton of info on the FSC forum for lowered trucks.

3. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Whats your current setup parts wise? Does the front of the truck go crazy when hitting a bump or is it the rear?

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

You arent hitting the bump stops are you?
    2/4 isnt that much of a drop for these trucks, I know a few runningnthis amount of drop and they havent had problems like this.

5. metalsystem761

this is the DJM2507-2/4 kit

lower control arm and shackle hanger brackets. and its a flip above the leaf springs now.

I replaced the rear shocks with Belltech Street Performance Shock Absorber. and some people tell me do the springs in the front next and some say the struts. which eventually I'll do both but wondered some say the 2in drop springs would lower it more? and some say the 2in will stay the way it sits?

6. metalsystem761

also yes when I hit a small bump or anything anything on the road that's barley unleveled it shacks like no other like its about to fall apart and so does the interior like its ready to just jump off. the rear might be fine but one of the leaf springs looks a little off but not too much