1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Thoughts on flushing rather than pan drop...

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by dedmon27, Apr 7, 2012.

1. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

it does take a little bit of time, but not too bad. Had my daughter help me (gotta start em early:lol:)
  2. conroe

conroe New Member

On a flush, I could never figure how they get the fluid past all of the check balls and valves, and through the pump. In the pump there are the vaines and It must be turning to get the fluid through. And if you have ever taken a torque converter apart its hard to believe that the fluid could be removed without it spinning.
    My opinion is drop the pan and change the filter. Which they would install a drain plug in the bottom of the pan. Shure would make the job a lot cleaner.
  3. dedmon27

dedmon27 New Member

The torque converter is spins as long as the engine is running. That is how they flush, using the pump inside the transmission, while at idle.