Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Thoughts on Truck Nuts.

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by stchman, Aug 28, 2013.

1. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

I personally think they're dumb looking, but if someone wants to put a set on their truck, go for it.

Now, it appears that some politicians in certain states want to make "Truck Nuts" illegal calling them "vulgar and immoral". Seriously, why don't politicians spend more time on fixing REAL problems instead fixing something that is not even a problem.

With that being said, I think I'm going to go out and buy me a set of Truck Nuts and proudly display them. Stupid politicians using my tax dollars to do stupid crap.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I find them distasteful. I mean they look like an anatomically correct scrotum. Be creative! In 95 after I lifted my 95, I had bought 2 small ball and chain Halloween props. I had those hanging from my hitch for a month or 2. That being said, I WAS 16. Not a 30-60 some year old driving around with testicles hanging off of their truck. I hate when I see a beautiful truck that looks well done, the guy or girl spend tons of time and money to make it look awesome. It drives passed you and you see a pair of chrome nuts hanging form the back. Sweet! nice job making your $65,000 truck look like junk. That is like putting a set of white wagon wheel rims on your 2013 with brand new 35's on them.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

4. stchman

As I said in my original post, I think they are dumb.

I find it FAR more distasteful that local politicians feel the need to concern themselves with such a trivial thing instead of focusing their attention on actual problems. I'm sure there are FAR more pressing matters than "truck nuts".

The only reason I consider them is just to flip off the idiot politicians and tell them to do their actual job instead of putting on a front of "we did something".
  5. Pikey

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2013
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

7. Pikey

8. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I personally like the prop one or the claymore hitch covers rather than the "truck nuts"

CR-402_1000.jpg
  9. stchman

Those fake air vents are more for Cadillac and Buick.
  10. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Truck nuts and fake air vents are played out and annoying. However, they are absolutely NOT something politicians should be wasting their time and our money on trying to outlaw. Just because something might be offensive to a few people does not mean it needs to be banned. There is absolutely no way you can please everyone all the time.