GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thoughts on Truck Nuts.

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by stchman, Aug 28, 2013.

1. stchman

stchman New Member

I personally think they're dumb looking, but if someone wants to put a set on their truck, go for it.

Now, it appears that some politicians in certain states want to make "Truck Nuts" illegal calling them "vulgar and immoral". Seriously, why don't politicians spend more time on fixing REAL problems instead fixing something that is not even a problem.

With that being said, I think I'm going to go out and buy me a set of Truck Nuts and proudly display them. Stupid politicians using my tax dollars to do stupid crap.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

I find them distasteful. I mean they look like an anatomically correct scrotum. Be creative! In 95 after I lifted my 95, I had bought 2 small ball and chain Halloween props. I had those hanging from my hitch for a month or 2. That being said, I WAS 16. Not a 30-60 some year old driving around with testicles hanging off of their truck. I hate when I see a beautiful truck that looks well done, the guy or girl spend tons of time and money to make it look awesome. It drives passed you and you see a pair of chrome nuts hanging form the back. Sweet! nice job making your $65,000 truck look like junk. That is like putting a set of white wagon wheel rims on your 2013 with brand new 35's on them.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

4. stchman

stchman New Member

As I said in my original post, I think they are dumb.

I find it FAR more distasteful that local politicians feel the need to concern themselves with such a trivial thing instead of focusing their attention on actual problems. I'm sure there are FAR more pressing matters than "truck nuts".

The only reason I consider them is just to flip off the idiot politicians and tell them to do their actual job instead of putting on a front of "we did something".
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2013
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

8. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member

I personally like the prop one or the claymore hitch covers rather than the "truck nuts"

CR-402_1000.jpg
  9. stchman

stchman New Member

Those fake air vents are more for Cadillac and Buick.
  10. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator

Truck nuts and fake air vents are played out and annoying. However, they are absolutely NOT something politicians should be wasting their time and our money on trying to outlaw. Just because something might be offensive to a few people does not mean it needs to be banned. There is absolutely no way you can please everyone all the time.
  11. TimTom64b

TimTom64b New Member

Awe... I was thing of making a set... though I was going to use a pair bowling balls and a burlap sack... :)))
  12. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

I know what they are supposed to be for. I see them over used on everything from neons to lifted trucks. I would never put one of them on my truck nor would I expect to see one on yours. You seem to have better taste.
  13. stchman

stchman New Member

The chrome air vents look like they belong on an Escalade or an Enclave, but not on a Silverado.
  14. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

If were going to start restricting or banning distasteful things we need to start with politicians.
    One thing I hate more than truck nuts is politicians, to me their nothing but a group of thugs and thieves that need to be dumped off the goverment feeding trough and drop kicked back to reality.
  15. stchman

stchman New Member

Very well said, politicians for the most part are corrupt and only have one agenda, stay in office. They spout all their BS, never live up to their promises, and then say they need to be re-elected to "keep the fight".

As I said before, I think truck nuts are pretty dumb and look really dumb, but my God, there are FAR larger problems in this country than guys hanging fake nuts from their trailer hitch.
  16. Rebel_Bowtie

Rebel_Bowtie New Member

I got creative. I found a pair of old cotton scale weights on our old farm so I sanded em down, connected them with tow chains, and painted them red and blue. Big surprise I know. :lol: They were on my 04 Z71.
  17. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member

If you NEED to put nuts on your truck,your truck DONT have any nuts!...i had this done to my last hunting truck...turned out good i thought

Deez Nuts.jpg
  18. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

i might go find some great big nuts- like for bolts kinda nuts and some chain and hang those off it. once my wife quits driving it anyways.... lol

Alex
  19. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla New Member

I agree politicians should be solving our major crisis's (sp?) our country is going through...BUT..
    If you asked your question again but replaced "nuts" with vagina or penis, would you feel any different? I don't feel that it is appropriate for supposed "grown adults" to drive around in public with replicated sexual organs hanging from their vehicles in plain sight for children to see. Obviously just my opinion, and many will say "lighten up" :lol: but to me it's an indicator of a much larger problem within our society today.
    And yes as a teenage kid I prolly would of had a pair hanging from my truck too thinking I was cool <facepalm> :sign0017:
  20. TimTom64b

TimTom64b New Member

Maybe what their real concern is that someone's nuts fall of and fly thru a windshield or something. Besides that... think of the pain of loosing your nuts... and the embarrassment of filling out a police report!... sorry I just couldn't help myself...LOL