Thoughts on Truck Nuts.

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by stchman, Aug 28, 2013.

1. I find them completely distasteful. Don't get why anyone would pay for that garbage, but hey it takes all kinds.​

2. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator

There's nothing wrong with being concerned with safety but the problem here is, when they try to push legislation, where does it stop? If they try to ban truck nuts then why not ban pick-up trucks, period? They have debris flying out of the bed. Why not ban extremely lifted trucks? They could run over another car? Etc, etc. Overall, it's just poor judgement and wasted time/money on the government's part. But, that's what they do best. :)
  3. donl

donl New Member

Nuts hanging from the back of your pickup=a room temperature IQ.
  4. stchman

stchman New Member

Agreed, but politicians don't need to concern themselves with them.
  5. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member

Quoted for the truth
  6. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla New Member

I'll beat this dead horse one more time :whip: Just yesterday went to a local rodeo, and walking back to our car there was a newer (last gen) Vette with a set of shiny gold nuts hanging in between the exhaust. As I was mentioning this post and how the owner just reduced the appeal of a $50k -$60k car with a Cracker Jack toy to my wife, I overheard the couple walking past us having the exact same discussion! :rofl:
  7. stchman

stchman New Member

It was HIS decision to put tacky nuts on his Corvette, not a politician.

At least the dumb truck nuts can be easily removed unlike the tuners with their coffee can sized fart cans on the their POS Civics.
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

Wow, that's inventive.

What do those weights weight? Just curious.

Funny this was at a rodeo where you're bound to see some real ones hanging on the back of an animal. :) haha

Yeah, they're not actually real, so ... I wouldn't do it because I don't like things that are tacky like that though.
  9. Rebel_Bowtie

Rebel_Bowtie New Member

10. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member

Redneck Girl had a pair of Boobies to hang under her truck. What does the crowd think of that? Personally, I prefer the boobs........
    But regardless of what body part you choose to hang under your truck, the government has enough real problems to work on. Technically, it is a freedom of speech issue.
  11. yotchie

yotchie Member

im sorry but hanging truck nuts is like saying my truck does not have balls so i had to buy some. and fake scoops and vents say i customized my truck at walmart
  12. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member

Well put! LOL
  13. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

Wow. Well stated [MENTION=21627]yotchie[/MENTION].