1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Thread rant

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by BurbanMan, Jan 1, 2014.

1. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Hat is it with all these tire threads? Every week it seems there is a new thread regarding "what size tire will fit my truck?". No offense, but why not use the search feature and type in tire size? Is that too easy? Smh... Sorry. Rant over
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well honestly if we didn't have constant reposting, this forum would be dull. every forum I'm on has this problem, but the main issue is how the thread is titled.
  3. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I'm with you. My other favorite is the oneposter who says something like "HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" in the title. I feel like responding with a "Oh, you have a battery problem? Sorry, I don't know anything about batteries. I just clicked on your post because I thought you fell down a well.":lol:
  4. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

lol guilty... I actually did that not long ago when I wasn't sure what to title the thread.
  5. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Also most newer people think it will be faster to post the question than search it, as well looking for a personal response which ever one one likes. Even though we get a lot of repeated questions. Is that not what we are here for. If not we would just like any other social sites.
  6. 95C1500

95C1500 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I've never used the search feature on this site, but on other sites I'm on, the search feature doesn't work.... at all. You can search for "headlights" and get 200 responses for threads about taillights, off road lights and fog lights, etc...
  7. dave13net

dave13net Member

i guess with the word help, it's just someone that needs help with a problem right away. most of us are on here to find info on our problems we have, and to help with others problems. other peoples experience is the best thing for everybody else, as we all HELP each other.. just my 3 cents on this issue
  8. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 100 Posts

I am no tire expert, I do have many years experience with some tires, performance and dependable that is, what I like about the multiple postings are this, as a creature of habit as people are, I get to read the information over and over, and with this in my own silly way, I learn something new each time I read a tire./wheel post. First I learn I AM not the only one with not enough knowledge about this subject, lol. Secondly I learn which guys I can shoot a PM to an get some quality info about subjects. Third I get up to date info drilled into my head. call me crazy, lol.
  9. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Much like Curky said, most of those posts are from brand new forum members that don't know any better. They make a post and people respond pretty quickly. I used to be a little annoyed by it but then remembered that's what a forum is for: a place for people to discuss certain topics. The more a topic is discussed, the more info there is on it. Plus, each time someone discusses a certain topic, they may bring up something that wasn't mentioned before which just adds to the info available.
  10. GeorgiaZ71

GeorgiaZ71 Member

As others have said...and I can attest to... the search feature is only useful perhaps 25% of the time. It displays hundreds of threads that are not even related to what you searched for. Not only on this site, but on all the car forums I'm on. Although, I have had luck with just using the google search...sometimes you can find links to other good car or truck forums...and you can find an answer. Personally, whenever I research something...I go overboard. Like tire sizes...I tend to find as much info and threads (even from other sites) as possible. And if the thread title is something your tired of reading...you can always just skip past it. But like others mentioned, that's the whole point of these online communities...help each other out.