Member Feedback Threads to which a user has just posted should be marked 'read' at the time of post..

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by SurrealOne, May 11, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Steve,
    I have noticed that when I post a response to a thread ... the thread is not marked as read ... resulting in me seeing items I just read ... listed as unread within a subforum. That's a little odd, as it requires that we either a) read posts we've just made (and clearly know the content of); b) choose the 'mark forum read' option in the subforum; or c) choose the 'mark forums read' option among the forum actions.

All of those are workarounds, as it's a defect that a post you just made results in a thread being unread. I call it a defect because logically you've read whatever you typed before you posted it ... so clearly you HAVE read it and the forum is mishandling the post ... by failing to mark the thread that contains it as read.

Is there a setting I can adjust to control this behaviour or is this something you need to look at?
  2. pmf608

pmf608 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I've been wondering why the forum has been doing this recently as well... it just never bothered me enough to go beyond thinking about it.

In theory, it should be fixable because I remember that in the past when I made a post, that thread would stay read, so I would think it should be able to be put back to that. That being said, if that glitch was part of a forum update or something, it could be a lot more difficult to fix. :neutral:
  3. SurrealOne

I noticed it began after the update. However, that could simply be observer error, as I was paying more attention to things after the update.
  4. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Ditto, you said it all
  5. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Surreal, I'm not sure I'd go so far as the fact you just posted is proof you actually read what you posted. If that was the case there are more than a few posts that might never make it to the thread. :lol:
  6. SurrealOne

Smart alec!
  7. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

HMMMMMMMMMMm Kinder gentler response:rofl: