1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Throttle Body Bypass Kit?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by ippielb, Aug 9, 2009.

1. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.ca/2000-06-Silverad...ries?hash=item2302692168&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Sounds plausible, but the same result can be rigged up for a lot cheaper from parts from parts store.
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

This is a huge mod in the V6 Z24 cavalier world, while yes it does bring in hot temps, switching DOESNT make one bit of difference. I did it not because I thought it would but to prove to a buddy that it doesnt do a damn thing and I was correct. For the most part everybody that says they have a CAI really dont, unless they are pulling air from a cowl induction of some sort, "Ram Air" or pulling the air from under neath the car lower to the ground and even then it wouldnt cause the air to raise up but a few degrees as it passes by so quickly. Not to mention I went to a college that has a HUGE automotive engeneering program linked directly to GM and they proved this as well!
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My father always says, "A fool and his money are soon parted"
  4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

you can do it if you want not going to make a difference, and if you live in a cold state you run the risk of a frozen throttle plate
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Throttlebody bypass kit??

I made this mod afew years ago and it does nothing,put back to stock.
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Like Z71 Guy pointed out I think the biggest difference you'd notice would be in an area with cold temperatures where you might get problems from freezing throttle body parts.
    Even with the bypass the throttle body is still attached to the engine at a few points and will heat up some. Air passes through so quickly it would have very little time to heat up.
  7. zubbiez

zubbiez Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I almost did this the other day but only because I had a leak that I was trying to jerry rig. stopped myself and just did it the right way it looks cleaner and doing it doesnt give you any performace gain.