1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

throttle body spacer and stage 2 chip

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by foxbmx, Dec 18, 2008.

1. foxbmx

foxbmx Member

i was looking at a jet throttle body spacer and stage 2 computer chip to get a little more power out of my truck seeing as its only a v6. 163 for the chip and 90 for the spacer. would this be worth it?
  2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

what kind of gains does it promise?
    and is this brand new or off ebay?
  3. foxbmx

foxbmx Member

4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think the chip will help out more than the spacer. i have heard that the spacers dont work that well
  5. foxbmx

foxbmx Member

Thankyou. I apprecaite it
  6. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Well, depends, is this a New Price/Used Price? Did you shop more than one place? Who was the manufacture that the price was for? Seems a decent price....

Jeff
  7. foxbmx

foxbmx Member

It's the new price. Off stylintrucks.Com they've got pretty good prices on a lot of truck parts.
  8. cSquared

cSquared New Member

The spacer can work quite well on a throttle-body injected engine. It increases the volume of your intake, and allows for better atomisation of your fuel. Most of the so -called "chips" for these trucks work by advancing your timing and/or forcing your engine to run in 'cold-mode'-thus running richer, sometimes increasing power, but mostly just costing you fuel economy. Just my two cents.
  9. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I like StylinTrucks, they have been good for the little I have used them.....Seems fair in price, I believe they also send a return label for shipping?

Jeff
  10. black jack

black jack Rockstar 100 Posts

i shop around auto anything and 4 wheel parts usually give better deals. i used a spacer on my 02 chevy avalanche got better gas miles but i also had an intake on it too.