throttle body spacer and stage 2 chip

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by foxbmx, Dec 18, 2008.

1. foxbmx

foxbmx Member

i was looking at a jet throttle body spacer and stage 2 computer chip to get a little more power out of my truck seeing as its only a v6. 163 for the chip and 90 for the spacer. would this be worth it?

2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

what kind of gains does it promise?
    and is this brand new or off ebay?

3. foxbmx

foxbmx Member

4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think the chip will help out more than the spacer. i have heard that the spacers dont work that well

5. foxbmx

foxbmx Member

Thankyou. I apprecaite it

6. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Well, depends, is this a New Price/Used Price? Did you shop more than one place? Who was the manufacture that the price was for? Seems a decent price....

Jeff

7. foxbmx

foxbmx Member

It's the new price. Off stylintrucks.Com they've got pretty good prices on a lot of truck parts.

8. cSquared

cSquared New Member

The spacer can work quite well on a throttle-body injected engine. It increases the volume of your intake, and allows for better atomisation of your fuel. Most of the so -called "chips" for these trucks work by advancing your timing and/or forcing your engine to run in 'cold-mode'-thus running richer, sometimes increasing power, but mostly just costing you fuel economy. Just my two cents.

9. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I like StylinTrucks, they have been good for the little I have used them.....Seems fair in price, I believe they also send a return label for shipping?

Jeff

10. black jack

black jack Rockstar 100 Posts

i shop around auto anything and 4 wheel parts usually give better deals. i used a spacer on my 02 chevy avalanche got better gas miles but i also had an intake on it too.