1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Throttle body spacer [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by thomsen05, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thomsen05

thomsen05 New Member

I have a 2002 avalanche with a K&N cold air intake. can i install a throttle body spacer with the air intake system? I have heard rumors that the new spacer wil hit the fan shroud. If anyone knows about this, your input would be great

Thanks
  2. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You can, if it makes that tubing too long you could always just cut the tubing down to fit.

Personally, I think you should save your money and spend it on something else for your truck. TB spacers on your motor won't do anything to help performance or mileage.
  3. thomsen05

thomsen05 New Member

I thought throttle Body Spacers where suppose to increase HP and mileage
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I Agree with ct9a on the TB a waste,What other Performance Mods have you done?
  5. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I know on my 2002 there was not enough room. I know I've noticed an improvement in low end torque, very slightly, and throttle response.
  6. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

tbi spacers on anything but throttle body injected or carburated is a wast of money spend the money on a custom tune
  7. thomsen05

thomsen05 New Member

the only thing right know i have is the K & N cold air intake and a cat bac muffler
  8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Was it worth the price and effort to you?

Personal experience tells me I'd be better off spending the money on other things.
  9. zubbiez

zubbiez Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

a TB spacer will not help you. spend your money elsewhere.
  10. Lordvader

Lordvader Rockstar

My buddy with an 02 Avalanche Z71 installed the throttle body spacer. The install was easy since he has electric cooling fans which eliminate the upper fan shroud. He also has the K&N intake kit. He did notice sutle increases in torque and better acceleration.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.