Throttle body spacer results

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by kylegillean, Jul 26, 2009.

1. kylegillean

kylegillean Former Member

Has anybody actually felt some difference with there throttle body spacers. I have heard both sides. I cant really see it doing anything. Its quite a bit of money to throw around for a piece of metal too. ANy tips would be great thanks.

2. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I'd also like to know if they work. I've looked at them before but never bit the bullet. Let us know if you have one and what you think, also what motor you have it on.

3. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

there crap.

dyno results = best results..... not some made up hp

4. Project1

Project1 Rockstar 100 Posts

yea my buddy put one on his camaro and didnt notice any difference but maybe it works with other parts i dunno i dont think id buy it

5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I have one on and don't think it does anything. One thing I have heard is that they work more on the older throttle body injection motors rather than the newer direct injection. The reason being is that the idea is to help cause turbulance and better mix/atomize the fuel and air before it goes into the cylinder and blown up. This obviously doesnt happen with direct injection because the fuel is added in the cylinder so you can do all the turbulance you want at the throttle body but youre not mixing any fuel with it. Kinda wish I knew before I spent the money, but its on there now even if it doesn't do anything. Someone with one on a TBI might notice a difference and they might chime in.

6. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i have one, it got rid of my dead spot in 1st gear, and it brought my mpg up from 19 to 21, so it was worth it for me

7. if all your doing is driving around town dont bother it wont make a difference, if you do lots of hauling/towing or you have alot of hills where you live and spend time on the highway then get one, this is where they are designed to work. I have one and i quite like it, but i also spend alot of time on a highway with lots of hills. I have an 06 1500 with a 4.8L

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  8. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i actually agree with you on that, i hardly noticed anything (other then my dead spot disappearing) in town, it was all on the highway

9. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I got SLIGHTLY improved throttle response, but that is it.

10. ahm1127

ahm1127 Rockstar 100 Posts

I had good results on 97 Yukon. Mileage went from 15 to 16.5 MPG, didnt notice in performance but when towing up hill the tranny didnt shift down as much.