Throttle body spacer

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 09silverado, Mar 21, 2009.

1. 09silverado

09silverado New Member

I got a 09 silverado with true dual exhaust kn filter and diablo reprogrammer installed, Does the throttle body make a difference? or are there any other bolt on part that I could get to help out with HP and torque?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009
  2. rackchaser71

rackchaser71 Rockstar

heck yeah i had one on my '00, dual exhaust k&n and diablo sport, my dad had an '05 same deal, exhaust programmer and k&n and just because i had that spacer i out ran him everytime, so yeah they help, im sittin here waiting on ups right now for my new one for my 95 350tbi

3. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My friends got one on his '97 Silverado with 5.7, every time he touches the gas you can hear it whistle faintly. kind of sounds like a turbo. He said he's experienced an increase in gas mileage, and a little low end torque. Not my results but a friends.

4. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

every tuner i have talked to said that it will make no diffrence on the nbs pickups. Jessie, Wheatley, and a few other local speed shops said it was a waist of money. They said that they sound good but that is all and the only way that they will help is if you have forced induction. Just my thoughts and what I have been told. I was set to buy one and a mass also.

5. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I put one on my 2004 Yukon and I did not notice any difference.

6. Stouffer

Stouffer Rockstar 100 Posts

x2. I asked Justin at Blackbear the same thing and got the same answer.

7. Slow1500

Slow1500 Rockstar

I just dont really see how it could help on a port fuel injected vehicle. One with a carb or tbi, sure. Otherwise I think it's a waste of money. I had a 3/4 inch carbon-composite tb spacer on my supercharged grand prix but that's because the blower gets so hot and transfered heat right to it. In that case it probably helped. But mine was composite...not aluminum like just about every one of them out there. They transfer heat.

8. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i have one, i got it for free, so it was worth a try, it brought my truck up from 19 mpg to 23mpg, and the truck will spin the tires alot longer no into 3rd:gasp:. so it was worth it if i had to pay for it

9. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

if its not TBI or carbonated it will not make a difference