1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

throttle body spacer?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by MFD-55, Feb 18, 2010.

1. MFD-55

MFD-55 New Member

was wondering if its worth buying a (TBS) does it make a difference ? don't know anyone who has one. i would appreciate a little info.thans
  2. scrappiedew1

scrappiedew1 Rockstar

check autozone , places like that not sure what kinda of difference it will make
  3. JennaBear

JennaBear Rockstar 100 Posts

Throttle body spacers (TBS) came about back in the time when TBI engines were the craze. The TBS did indeed help the TBIs as they helped to improve atomization of the fuel by changing the flow of air as the fuel was sprayed before the throttle body. The gains are minimal but are still there.

The TBS are a waste on the newer engines as the fuel is sprayed after the throttle body. The air is already "spun up" as it goes through the throttle body, so the TBS basically duplicates the effort. The TBS won't hurt your engine however, that being said, some folks wind up having problems with the spacer as it is one more thing to wiggle lose and cause leaks.
  4. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I put an AirAide throttle body spacer on my silverado and it did make a noticeable diiference. It revved a little faster and made a cool wistle sound. That tbs combined with my intake makes a lot of noise but its cool sounding. Anyway, i wouldnt get any other spacer than AirAids.
  5. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

For the money, it's better put towards and air intake or even a muffler.
  6. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

If you can get one for under $50 go for it, but I wouldn't spend anymore than that on one. I was able to buy one for $42 or so on eBay, where as other sites wanted upwards of $150. It's hard to tell if they really do "work" or if the placebo effect is kicking in. Only real way to tell is to have your truck dynoed before and after the installation.
  7. JennaBear

JennaBear Rockstar 100 Posts

This is the only time I would consider spending $$$ on a throttle body :rofl:

[​IMG]
  8. nickpatton_189

nickpatton_189 Rockstar 100 Posts

looks like im livin in the past with my tbs haha, i need to up grade to that