Throttle Body Spacer

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by blacknight97, Jul 25, 2010.

1. blacknight97

blacknight97 Rockstar 100 Posts

ok, soo whats the deal with these bad boys? love em? hate em? whats the downsides to them?(if any) and wat would you recommend for an 09' 1500. does it void any warranties? if so which ones? any answers would be appreciated.
    thanks!
    -luis

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Junk, they are a waste of money that doesnt do anything on your style and year of motor.. You need to have a 1988-1995 in order for it to do anything.

3. blacknight97

really? i read reviews on other sites they did... but i trust you guys over here on GMTC. ;-)

4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Well, there are a ton of threads reguarding TB spacers all over the forum here.. All of them end with the TB spacer doing no good or actually hurting performance. I am sure there will be more people chimming in as well..

5. blacknight97

thanks alot.. looks like im not gunna be buying one, lol. might as well get the CAI i've been wanting..

6. SliverZ71

SliverZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I would have to agree I installed one two of my trucks and they pretty much did nothing but make a whistle sound. There was no performance gain at all.

7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

They are good for paper weights.

8. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Some people like the noise you get from installing one. They might make a little difference if you did a lot of modifications to your engine but basically they are a way for aftermarket vendors to make money. Most people don't even recommend a bigger throttle body for the newer engines let alone the spacer. A lot of people/companies want over $100 for one, so if you can pick one up for under $50 then give it a try, got mine for $40 on eBay.