1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Throttle Body Spacers

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by Bowtie Man, Oct 20, 2011.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Bowtie Man

Bowtie Man Member

Are they really worth the money? I don't know anyone who has done this to their vehicle and I'm just not familiar with it. Just seems to be kinda popular. Let me know what you think.

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The Aftermarket Throttle Body Spacers....Do Nothing Regarding Performance Gains, on the Late Model Vortec Engine's.....IMO Save you money.

Edit.....I know you have a 2003" from one of your other Threads........when asking for Help/Advice, make sure to give as much Information about your Vehicle as you can......Year.....Model.....Engine....Etc.....:glasses:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  3. Bowtie Man

Bowtie Man Member

Thanks for the tip again lol much appreciated

4. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Save your money....throttle body spacers are all smoke and mirrors.

5. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Just like many other performance add-ons, by themselves you may not see a large gain in horsepower.

However, when bundled with one or more other add-ons, the gain will be more noticable.

When I upgraded my Ignition system, wires, plugs, TB spacer, and cold air intake, I did see a pretty noticable gain in performance.

The other side of any upgrades is the effects on economy, MPG.

The results of a TB spacer, while performance gain is minimal, does not effect the MPG one way or another.

While many may agree or disagree with my comments, this is strictly my opinion based on the laundry list of Mod's that I have made on my rig.

As of today, my truck is kicking @55 and taking names, and still getting 18mpg.

OLd School still rocks...

6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'll admit I fell for the theory of more HP and MPG's with a spacer, 2 years later I finally got the energy to take it off since it wasnt doing anything for the truck and I found the real purpose of a throttle body spacer (besides removing your hard earned money) it works great as a paper weight.

7. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Throttle body spacers = JUNK!!

8. trick01

trick01 New Member

Put your money in a cold air intake and better exhaust system.

9. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

My understanding is that it is wasted money. Some have success but most struggle to get the promised increases. I know that's what one of the ex's said but................

10. Scooter

Scooter Rockstar 100 Posts

I wasted money on a tb spacer. Like everyone else its a waste of money. Even when added with Cai, exhaust, and headers, your better off saving your money for something worth it. I took mine off and noticed no difference at all. Still same throttle response and mph...