Throttle body

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 97silverado430, Dec 26, 2008.

1. 97silverado430

97silverado430 New Member

okay me and my buddy tonight put on a throttle body spacer and he was tightening up the bolts and broke one off in the intake manifold. whats the easiest way to get the broke bolt out

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Is it snapped off below the level of the face of the throttle body?

If not see if you can get a pair of vice grips on it and back it out.

If it is you'll probably need a set of easy outs and a drill.

3. henrys021500hd

henrys021500hd Rockstar

If it safe to weld in that area, you can weld a nut onto the broken stud and then it should come out. If you have to drill make sure to cover all holes so drilling's don't get into manifold, Henry.

4. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Welding in this area I would NOT recommend, flammable area, but the vise grips, drill/easyouts and covering for the shaving are good recommendations. If none of these works, which they should. If not, then you will need a new/used intake manifiold and your friend to stay out of the gym. :rofl:
    Keep a decent amount of penetrating oil on the damaged bolts so when your gripping it, it won't heat up so much when being removed...

Jeff

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  5. mrfixdit

mrfixdit Rockstar 100 Posts

Often with this small of a bolt a left hand spiral drill bit is all you need. The bolt usually spins out while attempting to drill the hole for the easy out.