Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

throttle response

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Chevy Young Blood, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Chevy Young Blood

Chevy Young Blood New Member

im new to working on my truck but i love it and cant get enough. is there anything i can do that wouldnt cost too much to get a quicker throttle response out of my 4.8L Silverado 1500?
  2. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

what year is it? if it is an 05 or newer, its drive by wire which means it has a computer controlling the flapper, so the best way is a custom tune
  3. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

x2 wait4meperformance.com they will get you fixed up
  4. Chevy Young Blood

Chevy Young Blood New Member

its an 06 and i heard that an intake would help with acceleration is that true

i already have headers and a flowmaster 40 series on her
  5. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

yeah it will help, but the biggest hold back is the computer controlling the throttle, just because you foot is on the floor doesn't mean that the flapper is fully opened
  6. leadpan101

leadpan101 Rockstar

my 03 is drive by wire as well
  7. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Alot of trucks have electronic throttles, like my truck has the option, when i was installing my throttle body spacer it was talking about there being a possible electronic throttle.