Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Ticking/clicking Front tire/09 Silverado

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by normal_deviation, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Hey guys, my truck has recently developed a ticking/clicking sound coming from the front passenger tire. If I were to describe it, it sounds exactly like a stone in the tire.... but its not. I jacked up the truck, inspected each tire and nothing is in the treads (no nails, stones etc...) The sound speeds up or slows down depending on my speed, sounds like about 1 click per tire rotation. The sound stays the same regardless of if im turning or going straight. I can't get the tire to make the sound by rotating it by hand.... Anyone have any ideas before I bring it into the shop?? The truck has 9300 k's on it and is still under warranty.

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

What type of truck, 2wd or 4wd, year????

3. Its 4wd, 09 as per the title of the thread LOL

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

If you have aftermarket wheels it could be a center cap. My M/T classic locks start clicking and I have to tighten the screws that hold them on. If you have stock wheels try taking of the center caps and see if the clicking stops.

5. 01BlackBeauty

01BlackBeauty Member

If it's still under warranty take it in and have them inspect it. It sounds like a bad CV joint to me...

6. hundojoe

hundojoe Rockstar 100 Posts

Id have to say bad wheel bearing or cv shaft

7. Ill let you all know the results of bringing in the truck so this thread can be used for reference. Ill be surprised if its a wheel bearing or cv.... 9300 k's ?? ... I guess sure it could be a defective part.

8. Hey guys, got the truck back from the dealer today. Turns out it was really the rear passenger tire making the sound... damn I hate those travelling sounds. They had to replace the rim and the tire pressure sensor. Apparently there was some kind of defect that would not allow the sensor to stay on the wheel. I was quite surprised that they had to replace the rim ???