1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ticking coming from near glove box

Discussion in 'Chevy Blazer Forum (GMC Jimmy)' started by casey2879, Mar 14, 2010.

1. casey2879

casey2879 New Member

I just recently bought a 1999 blazer. I noticed a ticking sound coming from the dash, pass side near glove box. It sounds like the turn signal but has no set pattern, and turn signals not on. Anyone out there have any clue what that could be
  2. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member

Probably some debris in the fan cage, like a card slapping the spokes on a bike:)

Unfortunately, I don't know much about your vehicle type, so I can't direct you on how to take it apart to inspect. Does the sound change if you run through the fan speeds?

Good luck,
  3. trapperdon

trapperdon New Member

dont want to scare you on this one, and i'm not sure on your particular year,
    but blazers have a single wire ( brown ) with quick disconnect for the timing bypass
    located behind the glove box on alot of models....

you might want to look just to make sure that the connection is tight,
    that it isnt part way open and vibration while driving is making it swing close enough
    to a piece of metal to make it spark just a little....

- something to see anyways..... :sign0023:

---- ooops, just now looked at date on thread....
    so, what did you figure out on this ???
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  4. GaryA380

GaryA380 New Member

It is your flasher relay which is situated behind glove box. Blue streak part no EFL6. replace it and you're on your way.
    it is about12.00USD.
    GaryA380.
  5. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy New Member

mine does it too sometimes, and my friend's did too. it was something in the squirle cage.
    pain in the ass to get to
  6. Pumbu

Pumbu New Member

I am new to the forum. I have the same problem with a 2000 Jimmy. The sound just started yesterday, I get the blinker sound when the blinker the sound comes and goes at random. From what I have learned I will have to replace the multi-function switch, aka the turn signal arm.

But I see above that GaryA380 says that it could be the relay.

Are there any updates from the original poster or anyone else? Thanks!