1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Ticking?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by glisella, May 30, 2006.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. glisella

glisella New Member

I have noticed recently that when I accelerate and I am cruising, I hear a ticking sound similar to an oil tick. this noise is deffinitely coming from the wheels, and when I apply the brakes it stops. Any thoughts? the noise gets faster as my vehicle gains speed.

Thanks,

Greg.

2. Sandy72526

Sandy72526 New Member

My first thought is a rock or a nail embedded in the tire---but that's just me!

3. 03TrailBlazer

03TrailBlazer Rockstar

Get it checked out- could be a wheel or axle bearing.

I had a similiar issue, and it turned out to be a spun bearing in my rear axle.

Good luck.

4. GMMan4ever

GMMan4ever New Member

what year is your TB? When was the last time the brakes were done? Do you notice any pulsing when you brake? This kind of sound happens alot when a rotor is just slightly warped. The ticking sound comes from the rotor knocking the brake pads against the caliper every time the warp spot comes around. If it's been a while since the brake were done or your feeling any pulsing when you brake (even if it's very slight) it can cause this and a simple turning of the rotors will fix it.

GMMan4ever

5. 03TrailBlazer

03TrailBlazer Rockstar

MY TB is a 2003 LS 4x4 model.

The dealer said they had seen 3 or 4 TB's with this problem. Lucky me. Thankfully, I had an extended warranty, so a $1600.00 repair cost me $200.00 (deductible + wheel bearings that were not covered under the warranty).

Good luck !