1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tie rod

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by skipbeau3790, Oct 30, 2008.

1. skipbeau3790

skipbeau3790 New Member

have gone through 2 tires in three months on the right front tire. how do i adjust my tie rods to make it correct again?
  2. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sounds to me like you need to go to your local shop and get a front end alignment.
  3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yup, An alignment would be cheaper than replacing tires and it would be fixed right.
  4. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

have you replaced the tie rod or is it that you just think the old one needs adjusted. also have you checked the ball joints upper and lower to make sure those aren't blown out and potentially causing the problem too. If it's a new tie rod on the truck then I would do as the other two here have said and just take it to a shop and get an alignment on it. would be a one time fix and usually alignments are guaranteed for a good while after they are done too.