Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Timbren SES Suspension Helpers

Discussion in 'Towing & Trailer Tech' started by Six point, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Six point

Six point Member

I have a Silverado 2500 HD that will be loaded down pretty heavy with a side by side in the box and a travel trailer out back .Does anybody run Timbren SES Suspension Helpers and are they any good?

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I have only heard of them once when my cousin was looking at them. He ended up going with the road master system

4. Six point

Six point Member

The Timbren SES system is like a passive air bag that replaces the factory bump stops.They engage after about an inch of axle travel then progressively add tension as the leafs compress.Comes in under $200 bucks with easy install using factory holes.

5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yea, I looked at them. No thanks. if I needed something like that I would go with the road master. It seems to me that it just bottoms out your suspension sooner, so your frame is ridding on rubber pads touching your axle. Years ago I knew a few guys that towed, they did the same thing as the timbren, but they used hockey pucks. Rode like garbage, but worked. For the hundred $$ more you get something that will help with daily driving, sway control and body roll. It just seems like a cheap attempt at a solution to me. I could see using them on the front of a truck if you have a plow on it or on a rear coil suspension like mine, where the roadmaster will not work