Time for new tires need some opinions

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Farmerdave, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Farmerdave

Farmerdave Rockstar 100 Posts

I will also take other ideas on different tires.
    I am looking at getting the Cooper Zeon LTZ which I have found for around $180 a tire. I am getting 275/55R20s

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/tires/coprl2.ang.jpg

Or I was thinking about getting Nitto Terra grapplers.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/tires/nitrl1.ang.jpg

I am not looking for a full blown A/T tire but the Good year LS2's that are on it from the factory are not enough for the back roads during hunting season.

2. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

i like the coopers out of the 2 choices.......

3. SliverZ71

SliverZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

:great:I have the same size tire in the Nitto Grapplers on my 2004 Crew Cab Z71 on the factory chrome 20 inch rims. I love them they ride a little stiffer the tire shop recommends a higher tire pressure. I leave mine a factory specks 32 PSI with Nitrogen and they have been on the truck around 3 years now and still have plenty of tread so they are wearing very good and great traction driving around town never really went off road so I could not tell you how they would handle there but every day driving they are great.
    :cool: Steve

4. sweetassz71

sweetassz71 Rockstar

nitto all the way i just bought my 3rd set they are great tires i had 275/55/r16 nitto terra grapplers / 35/12.50/r20 nitto mud grappler / 38/13.50/r24 nitto trail grappler

5. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Look into the Goodyear Wrangler Armortrac. I have them on my truck in a 245/74-16. I've put close to 15K in the 7 months that I've owned them(its 41 miles to school one way) and they look great and perform good too.

6. drwdominance

drwdominance Rockstar

i have the zeon's and like em. 305/55/20

7. Farmerdave

Farmerdave Rockstar 100 Posts

Alright thanks for the advice guys! I like both tires equally so it will probably boil down to price. The Nittos seem to be around 30 to 40 dollars more than the Coopers. I will have to do some calling around to see what kinda deals I can make. Does anyone know a super awesome place online? I have searched and searched and their aren't really any better deals than buying them from a tire shop.

8. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If you have the stock rims and that is the stock tire size, you can go to any Sam's Club and get them put on. You would probably have to order them but its worth it. Sam's Club's road hazard plan is awesome. Plus I know Goodyear is going on sale the 21st, 50 off a set of four. Michelin is running a sale of 60 off a set of four until the 31st. Other than that, Idk any sale.

9. Land Shark

Land Shark Rockstar 100 Posts

I had the Nitto's on my Tahoe and there was no loud road noise with them. I drove on the beach and in the mud with no problems at all. I have the Toyo MT's on the Silverado now. They are the best...Well I think so...