Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

time for new tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by mehoff400, Nov 15, 2010.

1. mehoff400

mehoff400 Rockstar 100 Posts

time for new tires on my truck...i'm looking for some help on what you guys are running and what your happy with i like the look of a mud terrain better than an all terrain but my truck doesnt touch mud so its not needed...what you guys suggest?

2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Over the course of 2 GM 4x4 trucks and several years, I have only run BFG A/Ts. I have not had any problems with them at all. Beyond typical city driving, I use them for long road trips as well as moderate off-roading. While off-roading, I air them down to about 20lbs and they perform great. When driving in the city or on road trips, the tires are quiet, relatively speaking, and drive nicely.

3. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

X2 on the BFG AT's, I've had mine for about 3500 miles and they're great, fairly aggressive tread but still very quiet on-road. Plus, they look really good at a distance, which is always a plus.

4. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

if you want the look of a mud terrain but an all terrain i've got the kelly tsr's and i love them!!! they are listed as a ruggid all terrain. any they weren't really expensive. just one option to take a look at :)

5. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I have the BFG T/A KO's.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/BigPic.jsp?sidewall=Raised+White+Letters&tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T%2FA+KO

I love them. They do it all. I have had a few sets on my old jeep and I just bought a set for my new 2010 GMC. I am glad I did as they are running so smooth and quiet and straight. Great on the highway, quiet for an AT tire, excellent handling, they last 60K +, are good in snow, sand, rain, offroad, they have won more offroad races than any other tire, they are tough as nails with one of the strongest sidewalls, they are the most popular best selling AT tire in the U.S. by highest sales, and they look great. Tested, proven, Tried and true. What else do you need?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  6. sweetassz71

sweetassz71 Rockstar

i love my nitto trail grapplers and the way look. i do have to say they ride great

7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X3 on the BFG A/T's. I have them on my '05, 315/70-17 and the have over 30,000 miles on them and there about 1/2 worn. I usually get 60,000 to 65,000 out of a set. Keep 'em rotated.

8. mehoff400

mehoff400 Rockstar 100 Posts

how do the wear??? do they last awhile

9. nickpatton_189

nickpatton_189 Rockstar 100 Posts

my trail gapps have done me good, i drive home from college about every other weekend 6 hours there and then 6 hours back. they have held up great and once its time for new tires i will make the same choice. there is some noise, but nothing like the mud grapplers. i like it cause i like a little noise from the tires, it gives your tuck that "truck with mud tires'' sound. but if u turn your radio up a bit it fades away. so far the wear is even and for all the mile there doing good.

10. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

x2 love my nittos ! great tire, hasn't let me down yet !