1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

time to move out

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by mudpuppy, Mar 11, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. mudpuppy

mudpuppy New Member 100 Posts

Just got a phone call this morning. I have orders to head out this weekend for some training in New Mexico then straight to Afghanistan. Its been fun chatting with you all, take care. Act American, Think American, Keep America American. :)
  2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Good luck, and God Bless!
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Stay safe and GOD BLESS!:great:
  4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

We can't thank you enough for your service. God bless you and keep you safe!
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Take care of yourself! Thanks for your service! :fighting0019:
  6. 06piney

06piney New Member 100 Posts

Good luck over there. God bless and thank you a million times over for your service.
    hope to hear from you when you get back home.
  7. ippielb

ippielb New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Say hello to the Canadians over there. Also, bring like motocross goggles, Afghanistan is basically all open country with sand blowing everywhere. Balaclava's are really helpful to. Anything small that's entertaining will help plentiful. These are not my personal experiences, just a friends experience in the Canadian Military who was stationed in Kandahar province.
  8. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Be safe Brother!
  9. mudpuppy

mudpuppy New Member 100 Posts

I believe Kandahar is gonna be my vacation spot. Lots of sun, no swimming suits, no beer, no good sex, this is gonna rock. lol
  10. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Member 100 Posts

Stay safe

Make sure to take extra uniform items, I,ve already gone through 5 tops over here and if it weren't for bringing extras and my wife sending in a few more I'd be hurting. I came over with about 25 T shirts and 30 pairs of socks but dont forget about hats and other things most people only bring one of(pin on and sewon rank and patches)..Laundry is usually a 3 day turnaround(Iraq) but you never know..I'm on my 3rd pair of military issued sunglasses too..

not too sure how the guys in afgan are doing with internet but hopefully you'll have some access over there.

Best of luck man..