Time to Put up the boat or do some fall Fishing??

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by murdog94, Sep 14, 2010.

1. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

Just seeing whos still out doing what? I have put my boat away for the winter since the fishing this summer was just horrible, and figured its time to pull out the winter toys anhow.. Just wondering whos still doing what for fishing, and or whos switching to hunting mode?
  2. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

Both of my uncles and my Dad and I have been fishing pretty much every weekend. We've been doing good trolling one of the small lakes up here since we've all limited out pretty much each time we've gone out there, but otherwise it has been pretty bad here this year as well. I shouldn't complain though since I myself have 9 fish in the freezer, and dad's got about 20. Gotta get a new pan for our smoker so we can smoke some. All rainbow trout, and I think the biggest one is about 14 inches and the smallest is about 10.

Tomorrow (weather permitting) I'll probably do a bit of a hike or a ride, depending on my mood. I wanted to today, but my body was just too damn lazy, lol. It's nice having a "vacation", but man do I wish I was working right now because I am BORED!
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  3. troutbug

troutbug New Member

I'll be pulling the boat out soon (hopefully) for some fall fishing. My dad & I didn't get any in this summer...that oil spill really had us disgusted and it's just too damn hot! I'd rather be out there in the fall anyway.
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

Growing up in the Northwest, we always quit fishing at Labor day, and didn't go again until springtime. There are a few ice-fishing episodes, but that's pretty much the rule for us, try to catch and freeze enough during the summer to last until spring.

Now that I'm down in the South, I don't see why I shouldn't be on a boat catching something until even early December, just as long as the weather is good. Start up again in March. I've not done that recently, but that's just part of living in the south.
  5. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member

getting the raceboat ready for clearwater FL and then orange beach AL after that its ON at the world championship in KW FL nov. !!!!!!

SO LETS ALL BE THERE...lol I hope i win..hehehe
  6. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

See some of our winter toys are the Ice fishing gear..
  7. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member

Well, come on down to KW and watch the race..hang out and lets PARTY...i even have a CONDO ( big ) to share ..cheap !!!! from the 6th of nov. to the 15 th !!!!
    Just contact me if interested...!!!!!

BTW, also looking for sponsors ..so anybody that has a company and wants to back up a winning team to get YOUR name out there ..let me know !!!!!
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  8. Big75

Big75 New Member

Yup. That's what i've been waiting for.
  9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

There are some good boat deals going on right now, we went to Bass Pro Shops and they've got their own line called TAHOE that they seem to push, good looking boats. I'm not sure that I'm not looking for a used, maybe 10 year old boat, maybe like a 20' to get started. That may be too big for what we want to do, so who knows. I might decide to buy something in the Spring, unless there is a great deal going on. My wife's uncle has 5 acres of land with a large 1000 sq ft workshop with a covered outer area on it. He might take a small fee to let me park my boat there if it all works out.

[​IMG]

265_img5917_700.jpg
  10. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

I dont do much fishing on my boat, it's a bow rider ski boat thats set up more for partying.
    One of the nice things about being in Texas is most years you can use the boat until mid October then get back on the water in late March. I've been out skiing a few times in November when we've had late summers.
    I've got friends that never pull their boats out of the water or winterize them because we dont get a deep freeze here. Personnally for me it gets a little to cold from Dec. to March to be out on an open boat, I dont mind if theres an enclosed cabin to duck into once in a while to warm up and you can stay somewhat dry.
    Boat sales have been bad for a few years, a couple local dealers are offering outstanding deals on new 2008 boats. I was looking at a new 2008 Chris Craft Corsair 25 "V" berth for $32k this exact boat was listing @ $64k when I looked at it in 08. Dealers are also being generous on trade-ins right now so they can move the stock thats been accumulating for a few years.
  11. rip5164

rip5164 New Member

Haven't had the boat out much this season although we will probably make a fall muskie trip in a few weeks to finish off our year. It's hard to stay in fishing mode with deer season coming up. Ice fishing is on the agenda so Mike we might be contacting you in late January to "hook" up.
  12. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

I'm sure there's some hunters on here too? Bow season has already started, and I'm getting antsy for rifle.
  13. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

I almost pulled the boat back out yesterday. it was in the upper 70s with now wind, and sunny!! talk about a wierd fall!
  14. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member

Beautiful out today. Tomorrow's supposed to be the same. Good fishing weather, or cleaning my truck. :)