Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Timing Advance issues and a Performance Chip for 1994 Chevy

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Ethan, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Ethan

Ethan Rockstar 100 Posts

So my 94 is having what I think is timing issues concerning the timing advance. The truck stays constantly 20 degrees advanced at idol and under heavy load and anything inbetween. My MPG is lacking and it is lacking power under heavy load starting off the line. The truck is timed correctly, disconnected the wire under the dash to time it and everything. Is this normal or is something wrong?

Also, I'm looking into a performance chip to help with MPG's and power. To me after I give it past 50% throttle it feels like the fuel is being limited cause the truck wont give anymore after 50% throttle.

What kind of chip should I look into? I've looked at Jet Chips but they wont respond to any of my question.
  2. Ethan

Ethan Rockstar 100 Posts

Anybody? This is proving to be a real issue. If ya'll need more information, I've replaced all the sensors, the map, coolant temp sensor, IAC, TPS sensor. The only sensors I didn't replace were the O2 sensor, and knock sensor because they are sending back the correct information. Transmission is also new and working perfectly.

Is it possible when I did the intake manifold gasket that I moved the distributor off one tooth and stabbed it wrong? It felt like it was keyed cause it only went in 2 ways, the correct way and 180 degrees off.
  3. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

First off, getting a chip or a programmer BEFORE you solve the real issue is a terrible idea. Second off, replace the inline fuel filter.