1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tint or No Tint?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by ChromeSilver02, Nov 8, 2011.

?

Tint or No Tint

1. Tint

55 vote(s)
    93.2%
  2. No Tint

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member 100 Posts

Well my birthday is coming up soon, so I'll a little extra cash for the truck. Since I got the truck (6 yrs ago) I have been torn between tint or no tint. Right now no tint all around, if I get tint I am looking at 35% front windows (NC legal) and 20% back. I know probably 95% of ya'll will say tint, but the reason I have not given in to getting tint is I love the show truck look, kinda of old school clear glass look showing the interior. Now that being said I know my truck isnt a "show truck" and the interior isnt customized but its in the way future plans. So what say you, GMTC?

I have pics in my gallery for a reference, Thanks guys
  2. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Tinting is a matter of taste. If done in unison ,with other upgrades ,I like it. Although I have seen some real tacky tint jobs against tacky paint and accessories.
  3. BrownPats420

BrownPats420 New Member 100 Posts

I went with facotry tint all around and I love the new look! Have to be careful with your state laws if you have them though!
  4. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Tint. Just don't go cheap. Air bubbles are awesome to laugh at, when they're not yours.
  5. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Well, as you know I love your truck but I think that would be the first thing I would do to it if it was mine is tint the windows and I think it would add to the look of the truck. Just my opinion. :glasses:
  6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

done right, im a fan. id still have my tint on if the local Leos wernt such a pain.

Alex
  7. Lakeman

Lakeman New Member

Just had my two front windows tinted to match all the other windows in my suburban, looks awesome! Illegal, but awesome!
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
  8. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Love tint just don't love the hassle that comes with it when you do it dark enough that it looks good.
  9. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Member 100 Posts

I had mine tinted in the front with 20%. I asked the shop to match my factory rear tint. I like it, it cuts down on the interior temp in the summer and makes the truck look cool. Here are some older pics from last spring I had on my computer

IMG_0103.jpg IMG_0145.jpg
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Go dark or go home!