Tint or No Tint?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by ChromeSilver02, Nov 8, 2011.

?

Tint or No Tint

1. Tint

55 vote(s)
    93.2%
  2. No Tint

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Go tint definatly

2. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

In North Carolina, I have found it to be more a necessity than a style statement to have tinted windows. My truck had no tint. I was on the highway on a trip with mine and I felt like my neck was getting baked. I had the back window tinted with 5% to start with, but then I couldn't see out the back window, so I took it off and went with 20. I don't have any tint on the sides, but I may re-visit that at some point.

[​IMG]

3. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If you're doing the driver's window, passenger window, and/or front window then make sure you have an inspector in your pocket so you can pass your annual. And note that it's a felony offense for an inspector to accept compensation in any form to look the other way and/or pass you ... but it's completely non-criminal if an inspector does it out of the kindness of his/her heart. (LOL)

5. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I don't have to worry about that... The inspector in this town is a great friend... but he will fail his own mother's car on her birthday over a dirty turn signal lens.

6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

LOL! That's priceless! :rofl:

7. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

20% tint, that's as dark as i'll go, i like to be able to see out my windows at night time.

8. BrownPats420

BrownPats420 Member 100 Posts

amen to that!

9. Psyc0

Psyc0 Rockstar 100 Posts

I've never tinted My Suburban's frontal L&R side windows....would love to.
    I take a couple trips into rural SW New York State, every year, and they tag anyone with other than factory tint.
    Wish that My left and right side frontal, Suburban windows could have been factory tinted like My 2000 S-10 4X4 was.
    Johnny Law used to stop Me frequently for tint violations with that truck, and it sure broke their spirit to find out the factory made the glass look dark, yet it was marked 72% light transmission.
    Of course, 911 was a recent disaster back then, and the LEOs were quite antsy for a few years afterward.

10. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Well 15% is not that bad, its about the same as 20% in the dark. But darker than 15% that is when ppl get into limo tint and that is where seeing at night is like you said.

My tint is legal in NC, if it wasnt around here there is only one town that actually cares about dark tint on vehicles. But I can understand why the police was a pain up where you were. But like you said, if you get caught its a pretty penny to pay but that is how the system earn their money.