1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Tint recommendations?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by skipray, Aug 6, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. skipray

skipray Member

I am curious if anyone knows what it would cost(low-high) to have tint put on the rear 6 windows
    of my 95 suburban? Any recommendations on a particular brand,type,color.You can see a pic of my truck if you click on my user name(I think).

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

About $200 for all 6 windows, but shop around prices vary.
    Most tint installers have a favorite brand so brand will depend on who you use.
    Just make sure the shop is well established, reputable, and offers a warranty.

3. skipray

skipray Member

Thanks.You really can't see it from my pictures but the inside of my tint has a bunch of peel spots
    and rips.It drives me nuts.I'm going to look up the best way to take the old tint off before I go to a shop.I'd imagine that would save me a couple bucks on the install.Does the Obama administration give a tax break for energy efficient tint?:great:

4. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You are correct on saving quite a bit of change if you take the old tint off yourself. Just make sure you do a really good job and leave nothing behind of your new tint will be affected - smudges, left over adhesive - all will play a part in not so much the new stuff sticking, but what you'll notice when you look out your windows on a sunny day. Not much worse than seeing smudges and nasty crap that you can't get to to take off!.

$200 I would be extremely happy with here. Local shops might be expensive here but I did our mustang in the past year or two for $250 - that's the two side windows, back window, and rear 1/4 windows.

Good luck on the new tint!

Oh, and for ease of night vision, keeping your wits about you when you drive, and staying legal.. I'd go 35%-ish all the way around. I've got dark tint on the back and it's hellish at night. If you like to see all the traffic around you all the time and know what is where then the darker tint will most likely not be for you. 35% is dark enough to give you some privacy, is dark enough, legal in most states (I believe), but should be light enough to let you see a little better at night.

5. Nomad

Nomad New Member

Springthing is right about peeling the stuff yourself saving you some cash. You will soon find out why!:grrrrrr:
    I just paid a $65 for the front two on my new Silverado at a very reputable tint shop. Make sure you see the shops/tinters work before you decide on someone. There are a lot of hacks out there in the tinting buisness. Remember as with everything, most of the time the cheap comes out expensive. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  6. Project1

Project1 Rockstar 100 Posts

man i got a deal from a underground type shop but everyone speaks highly for he did my front 2 and stripe across my windshield for 50 bucks

7. skipray

skipray Member

Thanks guys.I was surprised to find that the tint I have on it is illegal hear in NC.I'm moving back to Vegas in a couple months,so it being illegal doesn't apply.You can have cardboard all the way around in Nevada.I might wait until I move out there to have it done.There aren't too many shops near me in the rockingham area.