1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tinted Tail lights.

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ntbush83, Jul 8, 2010.

1. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member 1000 Posts

What is the best way to get the tinted tail light effect? I know you can by covers or use the spray paint kit or buy a set already professionally tinted. i'm not sure what to go with and what will look the best.
  2. quackman

quackman New Member

I used Night Shade, sanded with 2000 grit and sprayed took about 10 minutes per light,if you decide to do it yourself use light even coats, they also make a clear to spray on after you tint but I decided not to do this because I was told the clear would eventually start to crack and peal off!!
  3. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid New Member

I did the same thing, but I did the clear coat over it and it looks great. The Niteshade is good because if you dont like how dark it is you can always put another coat or two on and make it darker. Easy to do, and def makes the truck look better!
  4. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member 1000 Posts

Get some smoked LED's.
  5. ntbush83

Alright sweet thanks guys. I know the smoked led's are definitely sick but i'm on a budget so i'll try the night shade. I had looked it up but wasn't sure if it would work but i'll definitely try it out. Thanks
  6. kwalls22

kwalls22 New Member

7. ZSI52

ZSI52 New Member

If done right the Niteshade paint will work fine and have a gloss look to it. Most people paint with the Niteshades then have a automotive shop spray them with clear. If you take it to the shop and have them done they will most likely put a few drops of black into the clear and spray them.
  8. ntbush83

tinted taillights.jpg Well I decided to go with the spray tint. three coats of tint and two of clear and this is how it turned out.
  9. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts

That turned out really well!
  10. ntbush83

thanks! I'm definately happy with the results for the price