Tinted Tails

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by sstoner911, Jul 23, 2008.

1. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I am sure there has been topic on this but I cant seem to find it -

Does anyone have a link or the how-to on tinting the tails on a 2008 GMC Sierra. I traded in a 2007 Dodge Ram...hated that ram!

2. no0b123

no0b123 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I recommend taking it to a window tinting shop. This way they can tint the lights instead of painting them. Plus it's done by a professional so it will be a clean install and a safe one. Might be expensive, but what isn't? Thats my advice.

3. sstoner911

I had a local shop put limo tint on my ram and I also had them do it to the sierra....I have had cops mention its to dark but never got a fix it ticket...

I may go back to that shop and see how dark they think i can get away with on the tails and 3rd brake light.

Cant be too costly - it was only a 100 for all the windows on the sierra crew cab.:glasses:

4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

There is an article in the current issue of "Sport Truck" magazine that shows exactly "how to" do this, prep' through painting. Good luck!

5. Undisputed

Undisputed New Member

I just bought a set from a guy in Palm Springs, CA. They look great. I can give you his info and send you some pics if you'd like. They were like $140.

6. sstoner911

Sure...sounds good.

Pics would be great!

7. 97burban

97burban New Member

I have a friend that has a newer mustang that tinted his.He did it himself with a kit that he ordered off of the net.He said it wasnt expensive either and real easy to do.Have you tried to search it on google.I know that is how he found his.

8. sstoner911

I ll see what I can find ....thanks!

9. sheep

sheep Rockstar 100 Posts

i like dodge.... :confused:

when i was thinking about doing my celicas taillights i looked up a few how-to videos on youtube, just a thought if you are still interested in doing it yourself

10. sstoner911

My ram was ok..it was a 2007 but it did not ride nearly as well as the GMC nor are the seats as comfortable. Also when I drove down the dirt road to my house the drivers door would actually fle away from the frame and rattle. Dodge of course couldnt find anything wrong.