Tinted Windows [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by GaryL, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I just got back from getting my front windows tinted to match the back ones. Man, what a difference. IMO, it really sets off the truck. :D

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Really, very cool. How dark are they? In texas it sure does make a difference for how cool the vehicle is during the summer as well. My little Cavalier has some DARK tint on it, and it stays very cool even on the hottest days.

3. GaryL

It's just barely lighter than the rears. I asked them (Altamere) to match as closely as possible in color and darkness and they did a good job of it.

4. GaryL

5. ChevyFan

Wow, very nice looking. Who did the work?

6. GaryL

I had it done at Alta Mere Tint and Alarm. It was around $90.

7. ChevyFan

That's pretty good for a SUV with matching tint, plus it's spring when they run a lot of deals. I had a truck done before with two windows and the rear window, but I did it in the dead of Summer, like in August. Cost me like $200 or so. Could have had it done in the winter for like $100. lol

8. GaryL

I had my 78 pick-up done back in 89 for $100, but I think it was about this time of the year. That was for the sides and back window

9. ProTouringSub

ProTouringSub New Member

Unfortunately, Mississippi just changed their inspection laws this year to where the inspection facility HAS to check the legality of your tint. This meant that I had to go get the tint replaced on my ZX2, since it was 20% all the way around. $270 to get the old tint stripped off and new tint installed. :x

Yes, I liked how the darker tint looked (it really contrasted the bright yellow paint), but it did wonders for keeping the car cool in the summer, and it was also a major help at night too. Truck headlights are right at the right level to be shining into my mirrors, so it kept from being blinded at stoplights.

10. GaryL

Texas has the tint laws too. This tint is supposed to be within the law. It has a compliance sticker on it and everything. As far as lights in the mirrors go, this is the first vehicle I have ever had that has auto-dimming mirrors, so it's not too bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.