1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tips on washing/Drying Truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 09Z71BLKBST, Apr 8, 2010.

1. 09Z71BLKBST

09Z71BLKBST New Member

I have a black truck and evertime i wash it there are always spots left... I tried 2 different chamois cloths, and was thinking about buying one of those squeegee things... I was just wondering if anyone has any tips to wash and dry a vehicle cause apparently i am just not good at it....
  2. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie New Member

My uncle ownes a car wash and so ive detailed my fair share of vehicles in my day and once you get done washing your truck, immediatly dry it off with a micro- fiber towel until it is completely dry so you dont get water spots. Also go to car washes that have a water softener because they leave much less waterspots. And for they spots that you do find, there are products that take away water spots by simply spraying them on, then wiping off. Cant remember the name of the one that i use but its at AutoZone.
  3. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I use Eagleone nanowax every time I wash. I let the truck air dry then go over it with the nanowax on a microfiber cloth and no more water spots. It's very simple to use, I use it on everything except the glass and tires. It doesn't leave a residue on plastics ( bumper cap, bed rails) cleans and protects the headlights really well and is great on chrome. The best thing is you can use it in direct sunlight on a hot surface. I can do the whole truck in about 45mins with very little effort, and for the next several days the truck can be wiped free of dust making it look like you just washed it. Also it makes it really easy to clean the bugs off the front end.

[​IMG]
  4. 09Z71BLKBST

09Z71BLKBST New Member

excelent info! Thanks for the help! I will have to go pick up some of that nanowax today!
  5. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Your supposed to wash these things????? Wow am i in trouble!! :lol:

I use a micro fiber cloth and was every so often with some off brand wax/Scratch remover.. I dont notice the spots on my truck.. I have had those water blades and they seem to work some but you will still be stuck drying with a cloth just not as much of the truck..
  6. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts

One of the reasons i purchased a white truck.
  7. ippielb

ippielb Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

When you're done washing your truck, get all the water off as fast as possible. I've used one of those squeegee things, and they work good. But only on very smooth parts. Also, wash your truck in the shade, not in the sun. This will also help for the water droplets drying and leaving spots.
  8. 09Z71BLKBST

09Z71BLKBST New Member

i almost got white instead of black but i still think its worth it. I just gotta try these tips that the fellow members have offered up and i think i will be more than happy! ;)
  9. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle New Member 1000 Posts

X2:great:..............
  10. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 New Member 1000 Posts

I've got dark blue and getting all the water off quickly is the hardest part. I use a shamus and microfiber wipes. It's always a pain.