1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

tire and wheel help

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by elkosp16, Jun 22, 2010.

1. elkosp16

elkosp16 Member

I have an 02 silverado k1500. I was looking at a new set of rims for the summer, possibly winter. But with offset and backspacing I'm so lost. I wanted to get a set of 20's but I'm not sure what width I should be looking at. And then the tires, what size tire should I run them? I'm not really planning on lifting or lowering my truck, but lifting the front end to level it out isn't out of the question, but I'd rather not.

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Ok so after looking at prices for leveling kits, for around 200 I will probably level it out. I wasn't sure how expensive they were, that was why I didn't want to do it.

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Ok so after looking at prices for leveling kits, for around 200 I will probably level it out. I wasn't sure how expensive they were, that was why I didn't want to do it.

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

For 20in rims They should be between 9 - 9 1/2 wide.. Tire size GM Spec is 275/55/20's..

3. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If you level it you can fit 305/55/20. I have 305/50/20, (because they are cheaper by half than the 55 series!) on 20 x 8.5 stock rims. the 50 series tires will fit without leveling. I have Pro Comp torsion keys and 3" blocks for the rear.

[​IMG]

4. elkosp16

elkosp16 Member

I love the look you have on your wheels/tires. If I level it and get a 20x9 wheel with 305/55-20 tire, I should get a similar look? Like I hate the look the stock GM 20's have, the tire is just like flat with the wheel, and it looks bland. I like the more aggressive look, where the tire like extends past the wheel and a decent bit of profile for a smooth ride.

So I should be good with a 20x9 wheel with 305/55-20. Is that tire a P or LT tire? I won't have to worry about backspacing or offset?

Also what would be the best way to level it? I saw the torsion keys on Summit racing for like 200 bucks.

5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts