tire and wheel help

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by elkosp16, Jun 22, 2010.

1. elkosp16

elkosp16 Member

I have an 02 silverado k1500. I was looking at a new set of rims for the summer, possibly winter. But with offset and backspacing I'm so lost. I wanted to get a set of 20's but I'm not sure what width I should be looking at. And then the tires, what size tire should I run them? I'm not really planning on lifting or lowering my truck, but lifting the front end to level it out isn't out of the question, but I'd rather not.

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Ok so after looking at prices for leveling kits, for around 200 I will probably level it out. I wasn't sure how expensive they were, that was why I didn't want to do it.

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Ok so after looking at prices for leveling kits, for around 200 I will probably level it out. I wasn't sure how expensive they were, that was why I didn't want to do it.

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

For 20in rims They should be between 9 - 9 1/2 wide.. Tire size GM Spec is 275/55/20's..

3. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If you level it you can fit 305/55/20. I have 305/50/20, (because they are cheaper by half than the 55 series!) on 20 x 8.5 stock rims. the 50 series tires will fit without leveling. I have Pro Comp torsion keys and 3" blocks for the rear.

[​IMG]

4. elkosp16

elkosp16 Member

I love the look you have on your wheels/tires. If I level it and get a 20x9 wheel with 305/55-20 tire, I should get a similar look? Like I hate the look the stock GM 20's have, the tire is just like flat with the wheel, and it looks bland. I like the more aggressive look, where the tire like extends past the wheel and a decent bit of profile for a smooth ride.

So I should be good with a 20x9 wheel with 305/55-20. Is that tire a P or LT tire? I won't have to worry about backspacing or offset?

Also what would be the best way to level it? I saw the torsion keys on Summit racing for like 200 bucks.

5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts