1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Tire Chains, Where to get them?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by DIGS16, Dec 16, 2011.

1. DIGS16

DIGS16 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey guys,
    So ive been thinking of about going out to the snow to big bear ca, get out of the city for a day or so, but in doing so i wouldnt know if i would need a set of tire chain in case it start snowing or if they would be required on the road up there. so I got 2 questions:

1. I currently am running 22" rims and 305 tires, so is there tire chains that would fit this set up ?

2. Where can i find tire chains? Ive never really seen them around town at the local Autozone.

Thanks for any help

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'm guessing try your local Tire Shop's when looking for snow chains, they could also let you know if the have and/or carry chains for your size rims/tires.

3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Doubt there is any that will go on that thin of sidewall, not to mention that tire chains are illegal in alot of states, so check into it first.