1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Tire Decisions

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by BigrRed18, Nov 14, 2011.

1. BigrRed18

BigrRed18 Rockstar

okay so i want an all terrain tire that has an agressive look but still rides decent. I have been looking at bf goodwrench all terrains, mickey thompson atz, and nitto trail grapplers. any suggestions? Oh and are the nitto trail grapplers considered all terrains or mud terrains? thanks!

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I had a set of Bfgoodrich A/T, and I got almost 55,000 miles off them before I took them off. Very smooth riding tire, and they dig well in snow.

I HATE MY MICKEY THOMPSON ATZ TIRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put them on my 2005 2500HD thinking that they had a really agressive looking tread, well I have had to get towed out of several snowy days because the truck had no traction. I have a little over 10,000 miles on them and I can't wait to replace them, I am really disappointed in those tires. Even on wet pavement they spin with ease, btw my truck has the 6.0 which is a little torque monster anyways..,

3. PearlWhiteLTZ

PearlWhiteLTZ Rockstar

I recently had the same decision to make. There are so many AT's out there. The prices range from expensive, to outragous...
    I decided on the ProComp AT's. I have had BFG AT's on every other truck ive owned, but just couldn't swing the 375/tire for the 20" wheels.
    The ProComps ride very well and are extremely quiet..I was a little concerned about the ride quality suffering, but I haven't noticed a difference at all. Also, a week after I put them on, we got about 6" of snow and slush...No issues at all...Like the BFG, the procomps got a severe weather (Snow) rating...
    Just my .02...there are tons of tires out there..The BFG's in my opinion are the top, but there are plenty of other tires on the rack.

4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

On my last truck I had a 6" lift and 35" Pro Comp AT's, and that was a very nice riding tire. One thing I noticed was it didn't take much to throw those tires out of balance, but it could have been the size as well. Very quiet on the freeway.

5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

What about Goodyear Wrangler TD. I just bought a Yukon Xl with them on it. They are not very loud, ride smooth, but still look semi aggressive. Plus, they are no too expensive

6. paracutin

paracutin Rockstar 100 Posts

Wild Country XTX are great ATs and easy on the wallet.
    I have the MTXs but five guys I work with have the XTXs and they all love them. Two of them are on their second set.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  7. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I loved the BF Goodrich T/A KO's I had on my '06 Silverado. However, I'm gettin ready to head back home in the desert and needed something that handled water and soft sand well. I just put BF Goodrich's Rugged Terrain's on my Sierra, and they're workin pretty well! Still have an aggressive look, while actually handling water, highways, and gravel trails very well. That's my two cents anyways! Good luck in your search

8. A1CMason

A1CMason Rockstar

I had cooper zeon ltz's and they were great, take a look at them.

9. BigrRed18

BigrRed18 Rockstar

alright thanks everbody! i am sorta leaning towards just going with the bf goodwrench all terrains.

10. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i just installed 315/70r17 goodyear wrangler duratracs on my truck and love them