1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tire Fitment

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by drillRR, Mar 23, 2009.

1. drillRR

drillRR New Member

Sup guys, got a 04 Chevy Suburban Z71. I am planning a 3 inch body lift and 305/70R17 Nitto tires on the factory 17'' wheels. The tires measure 33.8'' tall and 12.3'' wide. Just wondering if anyone else is running a similer setup and have any tips for me. Thanks!
  2. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

watch out for running wider tires on stock rims, im not sure how wide the stock ones are about 7.5in i think, but with that wide of a tire they are going to wear in the middle faster than usual.
    the nitto has a min rim of 8in and max of 9.5
  3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I know of a couple of guys that run 33 ans 35 on the stock 17 rims and have had no problems
  4. drillRR

drillRR New Member

Cool, thanx for the info! L8R
  5. mjalstad

mjalstad Rockstar 100 Posts

I think you better put a leveling kit on if you want to clear those. On my '97 Suburban I had 315/75/16 (34.6 inches) with a 3" body lift, rear add-a-leafs and cranked up torsion bars. I could never turn sharply and my frame around my tires was always polished and shiny from the tires rubbing against it. I chewed through those tires pretty quick (never buy Yokohama M/T's unless you are going to sell your truck within 20,000 miles) and replaced them with 305/70/16's (32.8 inches) and was much happier. They still filled in the wheel wells plenty and I was able to turn sharply again.