1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tire Help??? 275/65/18 or 285/65/18 on stock rims

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by petie0427, Sep 6, 2011.

1. petie0427

petie0427 New Member

hello guys.
    Im new to the forum and im looking to replace my stock tires on my 08 silverado z71. current size of tire is 265/65/18 and im looking to get the nitto trail grapplers in 285/65/18. I know i will have to probably put a leveling kit and was thinking about getting the rough country 2" lift if needed. I dont want any rubbing so do you think this setup will be fine or would i be better off getting the goodyear duratrac 275/65/18 with no leveling kit. I need to order tires and the leveling kit asap so any help would be greatly appreciated!
    adam
  2. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts

The 285's would be some where around a 32.5 x 11.25 and would fit nice with a level kit. Nittos do seem to run a little big, but I doubt you will have rubbing issues. In regards to DuraTracs or Trail Grapps I have had both and 100% love my Nittos. The DuraTracs were great looking tires and did not make much of a noise on the road, but just did not dig like the Nittos do.
  3. petie0427

petie0427 New Member

is the RC leveling kit decent? i really life the readylift but dont have enough $$ right now for that plus in instaliation and the tires.. will the RC be ok for a while until i can upgrade to a 3" lift or the readylift?
  4. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts

A lot of people run the 2" level kit and I dont think you will not have any issues from it. Level kits all do the same thing. Just stay away from the Rough Country suspension kits, they are crap.
  5. Hobbs305

Hobbs305 New Member

Petie - what did you end up deciding with? I'm in the same delema as I want to keep my stock 18 inch wheel, but want to up grade to a more aggressive tire. I'm debating if I want a leveling kit in order to run bigger tires. However, I'd need to add some height to the rear for when I carry a load or tow. I do like the rake my truck currently has, but want an agressive tire.

Any suggestions are welcomed! It's nice to have options but a pain to decide! lol
  6. richdog

richdog New Member

Im sure this a common question for all new guys on here.....I am also in the exact same situation as you. The only difference is that I already bought and installed my zone offroad 2 inch leveling kit. I am looking to buy the Kelly safari tsr 275/65/18 or the 275/70/18's not sure of the tire fitment? I want a beefier look without jacking my truck up . What would be the biggest tire I could get under there without cutting out my fenders and or having any isuues?
  7. jimmytopman

jimmytopman New Member

Richdog, the 275 70 18 will work no problem with the level kit. I have the same size tires. You might want to tie back the plastic in the front of the wheel well . What rims are you using?
  8. richdog

richdog New Member

I am using the stock 18 inch rims at the moment.......I am looking to get the ballistic jesters 18X9's.......Not sure what offset to get. I was thinking the +12......I heard that we should stay away from negative offsets.