1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tire help ASAP please.....

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by richdog, Sep 22, 2011.

1. richdog

richdog New Member

Hello......I have a 2008 Chevy silveado 1500 ext. cab 4X4 with the Z71 package. It has the 265/65/18's on the truck. I just recently purchased and installed the zone offroad 2 inch leveling kit to bring the front end up a bit. I want to keep the stock rims and install a meatier tire without doing any damage to the inner fenderwells of the truck. I have been in serious debate with myself wether I want to go with a 275/65/18 or a 275/70/18........I want a beefy look as opposed to a jacked up look. I am probly going to buy kelly safari tsr tires because I like the tred pattern but I am definately not an expert when it comes down to getting the right tire to fit under my vehicle......Any input would be great Thanks in advance
  2. Greg84

Greg84 Rockstar 100 Posts

I don't think you'll have any rubbing problems with the 275/65/18's. I've got 285/70/17's on my truck that are within 1/10th of an inch of the same diameter and they didn't rub at all with the stock rims. I'm not sure about the 275/70/18's, they're half an inch bigger than what I have and I can't remember how close it actually came I have wheel adapters and cut fender liners now..
  3. richdog

richdog New Member

Thanks for the reply.......Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger......I bought a set of goodyear duratracs.....275/70/18's......And thankfully with the 2 inch leveling kit there are no rubbing issues at all! As soon as it gets done raining which should be in 4 days I will clean the truck up and take some pictures......So far I am really happy about my purchase......love them!!!!
  4. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 Rockstar 100 Posts

glad to hear u like the Duratracs, I just bought them too. A great tire! Can't wait for pictures.