1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tire Help: Destination ATs or Road Venture ATs

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by blackbettyZ71, Jul 28, 2010.

1. blackbettyZ71

blackbettyZ71 New Member

Hey yall, I have a 2003 z71 tahoe and recently I have bought two sets of tires off craigslist (bfg mt's and pro comp at's) and BOTH havent fit my wheels...mostly my fault. Anyways I am going to go the route of buying new tires from a tire shop here in Delaware. I need yalls expert opinion on which tires to get:

Firestone Destination AT: $141/tire
    Kuhmo Road Venture AT: $161/tire

or just spend the extra money and get the Nitto Terra Grapplers @ $191/tire

let me hear your opinions..thanks!
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Id go with Dueller Ats to be honest.. Those last the longest, and have the best ride and traction of the bunch. I know that isnt an option you listed but that is all i run on my trucks now.
    If i were to go just off the ones you listedd i would go with the Firestone Destinations. They are less expensive, have a good ride, they are pretty good offroad and in the snow. And they have a 50000 mile tread wear warranty. Most ATs do but most of the the guys that i have talked to usually get 60K miles out of a set. And all of this is driving on Mn roads in the winter and summer.
  3. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Member ROTM Winner

I have a pair of Firestone Destination A/Ts on my 03 Silverado Z71, stock size. Overall they leave alot to be desired. They looked aggressive and handled good at first. I have about 15,000-20,000 miles on them and they are wearing very quickly. At first I had good grip but it disappeared quickly. I keep them rotated but still the rubber is fading. They are good in mud and stone roads but in snow they aren't so good. (and nothing is good on ice) Just my 2 cents with my experience with them. I bought them in October 09 so yeah.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'd bite the bullet and get the Nitto's.
  5. fxracerx

fxracerx New Member

Ya I would go with the nittos. I had the firestones on a Nissan Titan that I had pushing a little bit more hp than stock and the tires didnt hold up. I drove 200miles round trip for a year every weekend and on the highway they started wearing to quick. Also offroad I didnt like them one bit. I quickly sold them.
  6. mad1500hd

mad1500hd New Member

i'm a bfg guy myself...but i have heard good things about the Nitto's...i am gravitating towards the Nitto's...