Tire importer says 450,000 may be faulty

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by ChevyFan, Jun 25, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

[​IMG]A New Jersey tire importer has notified federal highway safety officials that a recall may be needed of up to 450,000 tires it sold from a Chinese manufacturer.

More...

2. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Great! The Explorer/Firestone lawsuits are back....:lol:

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

How many mass recalls can we get from China in one year?

4. justcuz

justcuz Rockstar

None if you don't buy their junk!:great:

5. Toymyster

Toymyster Rockstar 100 Posts

That Does not surprise me at all!! I have seen too many Chinese tires shred themselves for no reason!! And that is on all kinds of cars!! People fall for the cheap price and forget that they are getting a truly cheap product!!

6. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

that is very true. dont bash me but what tires are made from rubber in america not china? if i knew i would only buy those, even if they were expensive. i dont like to buy things from china thats why i dont have a playstation or nintendo. we need to bring production of things back to america! i am gonna stop my rant before i offend people

7. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

AMEN! brother

I pickin' up what your throwin' down though

8. Toymyster

Toymyster Rockstar 100 Posts

Depends on what are you looking for! On my Truck, nothing but BFG All Terrains. One of the best tire bargains I've been recommending to people has been Sumitomo. They are Japanese made and are really high quality. Specially for the price!! I have a set under my Bimmer now and am very happy with them!!

9. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i just have 1 BIG thing to say, if STEEL was still made in the USA we would have ALOT more jobs and isnt unemployment a BIG problem? and i think that people in the USA need to support more american companies.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007