Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

tire opinion

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Silverado1500, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Silverado1500

Silverado1500 Rockstar 100 Posts

so im looking for all terrain tires and was wondering which looked best on my truck. i need everyone's opinion. thanks:great:

2. bob13

bob13 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have Hankook RF10's on my truck and I can't say enough about them.......good luck with your choice!

3. lsutoms

lsutoms Rockstar 100 Posts

I myself have the nitto terra grapplers! i know many people around here that have them on their truck... i have 285/70/17 i know someone who has 295's on a 2500 and i know someone else who had 35x12.5x20 with a 6" and 3" and he loved them! A very aggressive all terrain if u ask me.. if you've had any off road tire these tires dont hum at all.. a little more hum than stock but if you didnt know what stock sounded like you wouldnt tell a difference! id buy them any day over again!

4. Silverado1500

common guys. i would love more suggestions. tires that are good in snow would be good too, cuz i love makin money pullin people out

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  5. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My vote is definitely for the BfGoodrich all-terrains or extreme all-terrains. they are excellent tires, and I have seen a lot of people running them here in Utah. excellent all-around tires.

6. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have BFG all terrains on my beast right now and they SUCK!!!!!!!! they dont clean out for crap and i have had to use 4wd this winter so far which i never do unless I am four wheelin. So I just ordered up som maxx trak from dunlop and should have then on the beast by wednesday next week, I will give a review after a week of use, which should be decent as my area is due for snow for just abour everyday for the next week.

7. Silverado1500

same man!!!! even though i dont have much tread left, but traction sucks in the snow! its embarrasing. had to use 4wd to much these past weeks. but i dont know, maybe because it has less tread on em.

8. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It's ture about the snow for the regular all-terrains, the extreme are much better. otherwiase, the all-terrain is an excellent all-around tire.

9. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Baloneyon the BFG AT's don't do good in snow. LOL The BFG AT on my Jeep Cherokee do excellent in the snow. I am a ski instructor at a ski resort (Tahoe) and drive in blizzards for years on them. Sugar pow, Sierra cement, hard pack, I've plowed through over 2 1/2 feet of sierra cement and deeper pow. Plow puts a 4 foot berm in front of my drive way every time it snows that I have to drive over. The BFG at blast through it all. Best all around all terrain tire you can get for the snow.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  10. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

The BFG AT's do great in the sand too. Plenty of folks run them on their 4X4 beach buggies to striper surf fish the beaches of Jersey, north carolina up and down the east coast and it is very soft sugar sand that is easy to get stuck in if you don't air down to 12lbs. BFG AT's are a favorite for beach driving. http://www.njbba.org/

They do great in all around basic 4X4 off road driving. Street, snow, sand, mud, dirt.....I have gotten 70K out of sets.
    There's good reason they are the best selling light truck tire in the USA. And why many offroaders run them in race conditions.