Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Tire Opinions

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by 2011laserblue, Aug 2, 2012.

1. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Hey guys, been a while since I've last logged on.

I need some of your opinions on tires....currently I'm running 305/55/20 Goodyear Wrangler duratrac's and I'm not really happy how they are wearing. I've only had them for just over a year...and I'm going to need new tires pretty soon.

However, I was so impressed with how they handled the snow up here in MI, so I will end up with another set of them (just for the winter on stock 18's) my question is...what do I run in the summer?

I've been looking hard at the Nitto trail grappler MT's, Nitto terra grappler, Toyo open country MT, and the BFG AT/KO.
    I love the aggressive look my duratracs have, which is why you will see a lot of MT stuff, but honestly...my truck has never seen a mud hole nor do I think it ever will. It goes in the trails once and a while...but I spend a majority of my time on the road....and towing a boat. So with that being said, I've heard a lot of negatives about the nittos and their tread life...espescially while towing.

Opinions...other options??

Thanks guys!

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If tire life is a key concern then choose an AT tire. You already said you don't off-road, much, and you never find yourself in mud holes ... so an AT will serve you very well for mostly road use with very light off-roading. The more aggressive the tire is the worse it's going to wear on the road.

3. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

How do you feel about those Ultra Baron wheels?

I have been looking at getting a set of Ultras in the future.

4. lindsaynuts8

lindsaynuts8 Member

mickey thompson baja atz radials are excellent. i have a few friends who run them on there cummins and they have had them on for over a year and he hauls his camper with them and the tires are still like new. and there meatier and they dont hum real bad like most tires do.

5. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I had a set of Truxxus M/T radials on a Jeep Grand Cherokee I used to own (pic in my album) and had close to 30k miles on them and still had a lot of tread life left on them. I am planning on getting a set either the end of this year or the beginning of next.