Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tire Pressure Alarms

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Wayne1060, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Wayne1060

Wayne1060 New Member

How do I go about changing the alarm setting for the tire pressure?
  2. dpeter

dpeter Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

It is in the owners manual and is somewhat involved and timed so be ready. I think it is in the section that deals with tire rotation and it will relearn the position and pressure at that time. The alarm will be set to whatever pressure is in the tire.
  3. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Depending on when or if you have purchased tires lately, most Discount Tires or the alike have a scan tool to adjust the settings now days. Most will do it for free if you are a customer.
  4. alabamaxrebel

alabamaxrebel Rockstar 100 Posts

What type of truck you have is helpful, new body styles can only be changed by the dealership for around $150.
  5. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The discount tire shops here in Tucson at lest have invested in a scanner that can program the tpms including setting the air pressure...I would call around to some tire shops before giving your money away to a dealership.
  6. sea_goin_dude

sea_goin_dude New Member

I worked at ft benning ga and we used chev vans for troop transport. ALL the tire press indicators were screwed up so best to carry a pressure gage. They never worked right. I drove one and decided to check with the gage, somebody had tried to air the tires using this press ind. on the dash.....the r front had 64 psi and the l rear had 17 psi. I checked all and adjusted with my gage and ignored the indicators all together. Could be dangerous for someone who doesnot know that the indicators are crap. Just check them with a gage and see what you really have. and be safe. PS these vans are replaced every year or so and maintained pretty well???